|War of the Worlds: Part 2|
|Original broadcast||March 27, 2009|
|Series||Ben 10 Alien Force|
|Overall episode number||78|
|Written by||Dwayne McDuffie|
|Directed by||Butch Lukic|
|Previous episode||War of the Worlds: Part 1|
|Next episode||Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 1|
War of the Worlds: Part 2 is the twenty-sixth episode and the second season finale of Ben 10: Alien Force.
Getting into the Highbreed headquarters, the gang fight the Highbreeds and DNAliens. When Kevin is threatened by a Highbreed commander, an enraged Gwen releases her dormant inner Anodite self for the first time. She almost loses her humanity and wants to destroy the entire Highbreed fleet by herself, but upon hearing Kevin's confession of that he cannot bear to lose her she returns to normal and they embrace in a warm hug afterwards. Upon discovering that the fleet can only be recalled by the Highbreed Supreme, Ben, Gwen, Kevin head to their home world to confront him. But the Highbreed Supreme refuses to recall the fleet and Azmuth reveals that the Highbreed's obsession with genetic purity has resulted in sterility in their species: they intend to cleanse the entire galaxy of all sentient and intelligent life in retaliation.
Using the Omnitrix, Ben sends out an exceedingly strong and powerful circular white-colored energy wave that reprograms the DNA of every Highbreed in the galaxy, fusing their DNA with random species from the Omnitrix to repair their genetic damage. The council is stunned and horrified at the loss of their genetic unity and immediately consider mass suicide as their only honorable option. Reinrassic III returns to convince the Highbreed Supreme that their new impurity is not undesirable and now they can live, thus recalling the fleet and being elected as the Highbreed Supreme. Grandpa Max decides to become the mentor of the Plumber's kids that Ben recruited. Ben and Julie almost kiss, but decide against it. Ben makes it up by walking her to school tomorrow. Paradox takes Azmuth home and Kevin takes Gwen to an auto show. As a side effect of recalibrating the Omnitrix, Ben finds out that it has also unlocked new aliens, thus transforming into one in the last moment of the episode (which was revealed to be Lodestar who first appeared in Simple).
- Ben succeeds against the war with the Highbreed.
- Ben unlocks Lodestar.
- Ben Tennyson
- Gwen Tennyson
- Kevin Levin
- Max Tennyson
- Julie Yamamoto
- Helen Wheels
- Manny Armstrong
- Alan Albright
- Cooper Daniels
- Reinrassic III
Azmuth: Are you inferring that you're smarter than me because your head is bigger?
Brainstorm: No. I'm implying that I'm smarter than you because my brain is bigger.
Gwen: (attempting to awaken an unconscious Ben, who is on the ground, lying in the snow) Ben, are you okay? Ben?
Kevin: (comes over and hits\taps Ben gently on the face with the back of his hand) Wake up. We all know you need your beauty sleep but now's not a good time (he and Gwen both take one of Ben's arms and help him up as he comes back to conciousness).
Gwen (enraged): I said...LEAVE HIM ALONE!!! (blasts highbreed away)
Kevin: (regains conciousness) Ahh... Gwen! (comes to her and holds her)
- Brainstorm vomits on Azmuth, and then in the next scene, Azmuth is no longer covered in vomit.
- At the end of the episode when Ben checks his Omnitrix and says he doesn't know any of these guys. It sounds like Ben has a new set of aliens even though in Season 3 he has the same aliens with the ones he turned into during the battle.
Naming and TranslationsEdit
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Guerra dos Mundos, 2ª Parte||War of the Worlds, 2st Part|
|Spanish (Latin America)||La Guerra de los Mundos: Segunda Parte||The War of the Worlds: Second Part|
|Spanish (Spain)||La Guerra De Los Mundos: 2° Parte||The War of the Worlds: 2st Part|
- Ben jumping down outside when Ship comes up, is probably a reference to Disney's Aladdin where Aladdin jumps down while Carpet is there. It could also be a reference to Back to the Future 2, where Marty jumps from a building just as Doc catches him with the DeLorean.
- The title is the same as the 1898 novel by H.G. Wells.
- In the entire episode, Ben reverted unconscious three times: First, as Cannonbolt, when he tries to repair the genetic damage of the humans and reverts unconscious, which Cooper creates a DNA repair gun having the same power. Second, as Way Big, when he tries to remove the Jump Gate which electrocutes him and Third, as Brainstorm, when he reaches the Highbreed locality.
- Although Azmuth states that he is only worried about the Omnitrix and denied the fact that he was worried about Ben, he really was worried about Ben.
- This is the only episode where Manny seems to speak to Ben with respect. This is seen when Ben states: "If we don't make it, it's up to you guys", with Manny replying: "Forget it man, we'll see you when you get back."
- The Master Control gets reset at the end of the episode and Ben unlocks Lodestar.
- Ben had unlocked Lodestar, but did not notice that since he thought Lodestar was a new alien when he first transforms into him in Simple.
- Some Ben 10 fans thought this episode marked the end of Ben 10: Alien Force until Season 3 was announced.
- Gwen's Anodite form was first seen in this episode.
- At the end of the episode, after the Omnitrix reboot, Ben said "Aw man, I don't recognize any of these guys!", making it sound like he had unlocked a whole new set of aliens. However, he only had unlocked Lodestar.
- The Omnitrix mentions 'recombinant DNA' when repairing the DNA of the Highbreeds. Recombinant DNA is formed by taking a chunk of genes out of a DNA strand and putting new genes in its place, forming new characteristics, like the Highbreeds' new looks.
- Oddly enough, even though Ben owns a cell phone, he does not use it to call Julie, instead borrowing Gwen's phone to do so. This may be because he was playing soccer earlier and didn't bring his phone to the field.