|Home World||Galvan B|
|Powers and Abilities|
Merging with Technology
|Voice Actor|| Tara Strong ⌂|
Yuri Lowenthal ⌂
Charlie Schlatter ⌂
Paul Eiding ⌂
|First Appearance||Permanent Retirement|
Upgrade has a black exterior with green stripes that resemble circuitry all over him. The green circle on his head is his eye, which glows whenever he talks.
In Destroy All Aliens, Upgrade looks the same except for the fact that he has more of a metallic sheen, making him look more like a machine.
In Ultimate Alien, Upgrade has green and black stripes where the white was in the original series.
In Omniverse, Upgrade wears the Omnitrix symbol inside the ring of his eye and he is more muscular. His circuit pattern has changed slightly. He sounds like teenage Ben, but has a robotic tone in his voice that is similar to Malware's.
Powers and Abilities
Upgrade is not completely solid. Due to this, he can reshape himself to let projectiles or blows pass through him by creating a hole in his body at will.Upgrade can use his internal nanotechnology to merge with or control any technology within reach by spreading over it. The size of the device is not significant, and he controls it as naturally as he would his own body. When he merges he upgrades the technology, hence his name. It was shown in Road Trip Rumble that Upgrade can reconfigure technology to suit for any situation, like transform the Rust Bucket into a battle armor with an arsenal of heavy plasma weapons. Occasionally he can merge with organic beings, as long as there is technology integrated within them, such as with Rojo and Rex.
Upgrade has displayed the ability to launch a powerful green plasma blast from his eye, as shown in Tourist Trap.
Upgrade has the capability to travel through electrical currents, shown in Midnight Madness. He can also phase through most any metal or technology.
Upgrade can gently descend through the air, similar to a parachute. This was demonstrated in Secrets.
Being inorganic, Upgrade is also able to survive in the vacuum of space.
In Battle Ready, Upgrade can make lasers with his hands.
WeaknessesUpgrade is weak against electricity (being living metal), as shown in Tourist Trap when he was battling the Megawhatts.
Upgrade is sensitive to electromagnetic pulse/fields and magnetic fields.
- Upgrade first appeared in Permanent Retirement:
- Upgrade stopped some thieves from robbing an ATM machine.
- In Tourist Trap:
- Upgrade failed to defeat the Megawhatts.
- In The Alliance:
- Upgrade defeated Rojo.
- In Last Laugh:
- Upgrade defeated the Circus Freaks.
- In Side Effects:
- Upgrade defeated a thief and found an ice cream truck.
- In Secrets:
- In The Big Tick:
- Upgrade failed to defeat the Great One.
- In Framed:
- In Gwen 10:
- Gwen mentioned she turned into a high tech alien, probably Upgrade, and merged with her laptop to triple it's processing speed.
- Max as Upgrade escaped Vilgax.
- In Grudge Match:
- Upgrade freed the prisoners from the Megacruiser.
- In They Lurk Below:
- In Back With a Vengeance:
- Upgrade appeared when Ben unlocked the Master Control.
- In Ben 10,000:
- Upgrade battles an alternate timeline Vilgax.
- In Midnight Madness:
- Upgrade was hypnotized to steal a giant clock.
- In Game Over:
- In Under Wraps:
- Upgrade defeated the Mummy.
- In Be Afraid of the Dark:
- Upgrade traveled into space and battled Viktor before ditching him.
- In Divided We Stand:
- In Ben 4 Good Buddy:
- Upgrade battled the Road Crew.
- In Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens:
- Upgrade destroyed an alien tank with Gwen's help.
- Upgrade was then confronted by Retaliator.
- In Radio Dazed:
- Upgrade accidentally broke a radio.
- In OTTO Motives,
- In Something Zombozo This Way Comes,
- Upgrade was used to battle Rook who had been turned into a Zombie Clown.
- In Animo Crackers,
- Upgrade attempted to prevent Animo's escape from Plumber HQ, but was stopped by a magnetic wave bomb.
Naming and Translations
|Arabic||أبغرَيد||Abghreid/Apgreid, from the original English name|
|Подобрен||From Подобрен, upgraded|
|Croatian||Tehno||From tehno, techno|
|French||BioTech||From the abbreviation bio, biologique and tech, technologie|
|German||Upgrade||From the original English name|
|Greek||Αναβαθμιστής||From αναβαθμιστής / anavathmistis, upgrader|
|Italian||PlusUltra||From PlusUltra, upgrade|
|Polish||Upgrade||From the original English name|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Ultra T||From ultra, high and from T, abbreviation of technology|
|Russian||Плазма / Plazma||From плазма/plazma, plasma|
|Serbian||Tehno||From tehno, techno|
|Spanish (Hispanic America)||Ultra-T||From ultra, high, and T, abbreviation of technology|
|Upgrade (Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens)||From the original English name|
|Spanish (Spain)||Actualizador||From actualizador, updater|
|Swedish||Upgrade||From the original English name|
|Turkish||Güncelleme||Translation from its original English name|
|Romanian||Upgrade||From the original English name|
|Chinese||变形怪||From 变形(Biàn Xíng)， transform and 怪(Guài)， monster|
|Korean||업그레이드||From 업그레이드, upgrade|
- 4" Upgrade
- Upgrade (Battle Version)
- Upgrade (DNA Alien)
- Upgrade (Vehicle)
Ben 10: Alien Force
- Alien Creation Figures from (Ben 10) Stinkfly and Upgrade
- In the FusionFall game files, Upgrade can be seen as a nano.
- Upgrade's Omniverse design was revealed on an iPhone case.