|This article is about the original Ultimatrix. You might have been looking for Ultimatrix (Recreated).|
|User|| Ben Tennyson (formerly)|
Plant Ben (formerly)
|Type|| Level 20|
|Voice Actor||Yuri Lowenthal|
|First Appearance||The Final Battle: Part 1|
The Ultimate Omnimatrix, referred to as the Ultimatrix, was the device that Ben 10: Ultimate Alien revolved around. Ben used it to replace the Omnitrix, which he destroyed in a battle with Vilgax. The Ultimatrix was removed by Azmuth in The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 and replaced by the Omnitrix.
The Ultimatrix, unlike the Omnitrix, didn't resemble a wristwatch, looking more like a gauntlet. The central component, the selection interface remains the same, while the watch band was replaced by a gauntlet-like band extending up to almost half of the wearer's arm (since the band's ability to morph its shape wasn't placed into it).
When Albedo used it, the Ultimatrix had a red color scheme. After Ben took the Ultimatrix from Albedo, the Ultimatrix became green. This shows that the user can change the color scheme of the Ultimatrix.
The selection interface was identical to the original dial, with the intergalactic peace sign that changes color to reflect what mode the Ultimatrix was in.
Originally created by Azmuth, the Ultimatrix's power core was unstable and incomplete, so he contained the device in high security storage.
Albedo stole the Ultimatrix and was able to stabilize the core, as well as "surpassing" the prototype Omnitrix by adding the evolutionary function. Unfortunately for him, Ben's DNA was still the default for the Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix was still linked to the same database, so Albedo only had access to Ben's current aliens, which excluded Grey Matter. Allying himself with Vilgax, he agreed to help him so he could turn himself back to normal, while Vilgax could have the Earth. After Albedo as Negative Ultimate Humungousaur easily defeated Ben as Humungousaur, Vilgax threatened Gwen and Kevin's lives in order to force Ben to give up the Omnitrix to him. Afterwards, Vilgax betrayed Albedo by using the Omnitrix to defeat him by turning his army of Bioids into thousands of Humungousaurs.
Later, Ben activated the Omnitrix's self-destruct mechanism to force Vilgax to remove it but Vilgax refused, thinking he was bluffing and later suffered the consequences. Ben released Albedo and forced him to give him the Ultimatrix via the same threat. Ben used Ultimate Swampfire to battle Vilgax and used Jetray to later escape.
Azmuth destroyed the Ultimatrix off-screen after The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2.
Albedo would later create a new Ultimatrix, one that (upon the requisition of a Polymorphic Crystal) allowed him to change from one Ultimate form to another, without changing to regular aliens in-between.
|Albedo||Albedo stole the Ultimatrix from Azmuth's laboratory and puts it on in The Final Battle: Part 1.||In The Final Battle: Part 2, Albedo removes the Ultimatrix in order to give it to Ben.|
|Ben Tennyson||In The Final Battle: Part 2, Ben puts on the Ultimatrix after getting it from Albedo.||In The Big Story, the Plant Alien removed the Ultimatrix from Ben.|
|In The Big Story, Ben puts on the Ultimatrix again after taking it from the Plant Alien.||In The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2, Azmuth removed the Ultimatrix from Ben so he can use the Omnitrix.|
|Plant Alien||In The Big Story, the Plant Alien stole the Ultimatrix and put it on.||Ben stole the Ultimatrix from the Plant Clone.|
|Alpha||Alpha duplicated the Ultimatrix and used it to transform into EVO versions of the aliens in Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United.||Alpha's Ultimatrix was removed by Rex Salazar.|
According to Dwayne, using Ultimate Forms will make the Ultimatrix go into Recharge Mode sooner than using non-Ultimate aliens.
When DNA not in the Codon Stream is near the Ultimatrix, it closes its main features until the DNA is scanned. When a new DNA sample is acquired, the Ultimatrix sometimes shows a picture of almost every alien unlocked, plus the new one.When a new DNA is sensed, the Ultimatrix either pops out and shoots out a yellow ray from the black and yellow part or doesn't pop out but circles and then reveals a hole which shoots out the yellow ray. When in alien form, the Ultimatrix shoots out a yellow ray from the dial. If the DNA is already in the Codon Stream, the Ultimatrix will have to be set to Scan Mode manually and the alien will just be unlocked and available for use.
- The Ultimatrix functioned as a wireless receiver for the Codon Stream.
- The Ultimatrix could access the Codon Stream's database to show which transformations have been activated over time.
- The Ultimatrix had a Master Control.
- Pressing the black button next to the dial makes the Ultimatrix larger in size, so it can be slipped off.
- The Ultimatrix could add extras to alien forms in order to make the forms more safe/stable.
- The Ultimatrix automatically reverted the user back into their normal form when they get sufficiently hurt or knocked out.
- The Ultimatrix had the ability to transform between alien forms without touching the Ultimatrix symbol.
- The Ultimatrix was able to scan human-alien hybrids in order to unlock the alien's DNA.
- The Ultimatrix had the ability to evolve aliens into their Ultimate Form, granting them new powers and new abilities that are more powerful. This was activated by pressing the Ultimatrix symbol as an alien, causing four gray spikes to grow.
- The evolution feature worked by placing the selected species in a simulation, right down to the DNA, for an extended period of time, about a million years or so, in what is described as a "worst case scenario"; the actual DNA is then simply modified to match the new DNA. This survival of the fittest routine explains why the evolutions are more combat-centered than their normal forms.
- The Ultimatrix had AI (Artificial Intelligence).
- The Ultimatrix could detect other Matrix cores like Eunice.
- The Ultimatrix served as a communicator when transformed and not transformed, like the other Omnitrix es.
- The Ultimatrix could change and create different types of clothing or accessories on specific alien forms, with the clothes either colored white and black or green and black. Ben doesn't quite know how the feature worked. It is shown that returning aliens had unique clothing to them.
- According to Dwayne, Albedo individually applied this function to each of the aliens.
- The Ultimatrix had a Voice Command, just like the Omnitrix.
- Ultimatrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- Makes the Ultimatrix recognize the wearer and activates Voice Command.
- Ultimatrix User Access Voice Recognition Mode
- The Ultimatrix couldn't detect outer dimensional creatures.
- The Ultimatrix did not possess the ability to restore DNA.
- The Ultimatrix always went into Capture Mode when there is a sapient species' DNA that isn't in the Codon Stream within its proximity. Thus, it couldn't be used to transform until the DNA is obtained or the specimen is no longer in range.
- The Ultimatrix did not possess the ability to revive species stored on Primus, due to it not being added by Azmuth at the stage of development it was in and Albedo didn't add it.
- The Ultimate Forms eventually became sentient inside the Ultimatrix.
- Technical glitches caused power glitches that would cause random flight and abilities not native to the alien species, as well as leaving all the aliens naked and cold.
- Azmuth reformatted and corrected these errors in the new Omnitrix.
The Ultimatrix had a total of at least 1,000,910 aliens via the Codon Stream, 63 unlocked aliens and 47 named aliens (Ultimate Forms Not Included). Ben has transformed into 35 out of 44 listed.
These are all the known aliens the Ultimatrix had ever had unlocked.
Known Ultimate Forms
Ben 10: Alien Force
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
- Vuescope Ultimatrix
- Revolution Ultimatrix
- Ultimate Ultimatrix
- Disk Alien Ultimatrix
- Battle Ultimatrix
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (HA)|| Superomnitrix (Alien Force)|
| From super, and Omnitrix|
From the original English name
|Spanish (Spain)||Ultimatrix||From the original English name|
- According to Matt Wayne:
- The aliens were not according to the user's age; they are the "prime specimen of the respective species."
- Ben scanned aliens off-screen and reordered his list afterwards.
- Ben had many more aliens than revealed.
- Ben had scanned aliens that are not in the Ultimatrix database.
- However, he didn't scan them at every chance he got.
- According to Dwayne McDuffie:
- The Ultimatrix was showing signs of it not being completed properly.
- The Ultimatrix was less powerful than the Omnitrix.
- The Ultimatrix was more complicated to use fully than the Omnitrix.
- Albedo installed more features in the Ultimatrix than we know.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt:
- Azmuth did not want to have the Ultimates in the Ultimatrix because they would be used for violence. He even commented on the evolutionary feature, stating it was "begging for trouble".
- Azmuth considered the Ultimatrix to be 'pathetic workmanship.' and not at all as advanced as the original Omnitrix.
- Azmuth could keep an eye on Ben and his activities via the Ultimatrix.
- Azmuth (creator)
- Ben Tennyson (former wielder)
- Primus (DNA database planet)
- Codon Stream (DNA database)
|Omnitrix Replica||Biomnitrix||Hero Watch||Power Watch|