|Ultimate Form||Ultimate Swampfire|
|Alternate Counterparts|| Swampfire (Alien Force Video Game Timeline)|
Swampfire (Vilgax Attacks Timeline)
Swampfire (The Rise of Hex Timeline)
Swampfire (Cosmic Destruction Timeline)
Swampfire (Omniverse 2 Video Game Timeline)
Mr. Mucky (Dimension 23)
|Powers and abilities|
Flight (via Propulsion)
|Voice Actor|| Dee Bradley Baker|
David Kaye (Ben 10: Omniverse 2 Video Game)
|First Appearance||Ben 10 Returns: Part 1|
Swampfire is a humanoid plant like alien that has an overall green and black colored body, mostly with a flame-patterned head and root-like feet, seemingly holding rocks. Also, his shoulders and head have red petals. Swampfire is taller than an average human and has a distinct rotten stench that worsens with heat. His voice is very stuffy and nasally because he has no nose. Swampfire wears the Omnitrix/Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Omniverse, Swampfire's first design similar to his Alien Force/Ultimate apearance except for he has five fingers on his hands. Swampfire's skin is now olive green and his arms are larger. The red petals on his shoulder along with the green thorns on his body are thinner and longer. His torso design has changed, splitting the black parts on his waist into two. The Omnitrix symbol has also moved from his chest to his stomach.
As of Charmed, I'm Sure, Swampfire's second appearance or "blossomed"/"matured" form, is plant-like, but with major changes. He looks more muscular and taller. His skin color is now light green. His face is now colored yellow, red, and orange. His pupils are gone. His chin is more visible. His hands are now colored black with four yellow claws and a yellow hole to unleashed his fire powers. He has six red horns with yellow spots, two on each forearm, and one on each shoulder, along with a green horn on each foot, knee, and elbow. He now has a large collar raised up around his neck. The Omnitrix symbol is still on his stomach.
Powers and Abilities
Swampfire has the ability to ignite methane in his palms (from yellow hole in "blossemed" form) to project fire, like fire blast or flamethrower.
Swampfire is also enabled to have limited flight abilities by launching fire from his palms as jet propulsion, as shown in War of the Worlds: Part 1.
Swampfire has a high degree of chlorokinesis. Swampfire is able to manipulate his biological agriculture to stretch his limbs for multiple purposes, as demonstrated in Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2 and Ghost Town. He can also reattach detached body parts by manipulating his vine-like "veins" to reach out and meld with the insides of the detached limb. Due to his plant-like composition, he is also capable of regenerating at a quick pace.
In Ben 10: Alien Force (Video Game), Swampfire was revealed to emit a methane which causes plants to grow over enemies, channel his flames into a concentrated fireball, tunnel underground, and burst in a coating of flames. He could launch a concentrated, straight beam of fire.
In Vilgax Attacks, Swampfire was capable igniting his hands for "flaming fists", creating a ring of fire to roast enemies, and causing thorny vines to sprout from the ground.
In Charmed, I'm Sure, Swampfire's "blossomed" form revealed that he has complete control over the Mutant Pumpkins from Anur Transyl. His fire blast looks more powerful. He can grow plants from the ground just by raising his hand.
Swampfire has superhuman strength, being able to push over a Highbreed weather tower as well as hold his own against Vilgax with his bare fists. In his "blossomed" form, he appearances to be even stronger and more durable than before.
Swampfire has a form of enhanced speed, as when he was displayed running towards Vilgax in The Final Battle: Part 2, the scenery was blurry as he was speeding past.
In X = Ben + 2, Swampfire was able to walk straight through an iron bar in his holding cell.
Swampfire can be frozen, though he can thaw out by igniting the methane in the palms of his hands.
According to himself, Swampfire cannot control weeds, though after 'blossoming,' he gains the ability to command the hordes of Mutant Pumpkins
Swampfire's swampy stench makes it hard to hide from anybody with a nose.
- Swampfire first appeared in Ben 10 Returns: Part 1:
- In Everybody Talks About the Weather:
- Swampfire gave Alan advice on flying and destroyed the DNAlien weather tower.
- In Paradox:
- Swampfire tried to stop Kevin from battling Paradox.
- In Plumbers' Helpers:
- In X = Ben + 2:
- In Alone Together:
- In Good Copy, Bad Copy:
- Swampfire battled Negative Humungousaur.
- In Undercover:
- Swampfire saved the team from an exploding Teleporter Pod.
- In Grounded:
- Swampfire was defeated by a Highbreed.
- In War of the Worlds: Part 1:
- Swampfire helped battle the DNAliens.
- In War of the Worlds: Part 2:
- Swampfire battled a Highbreed Commander.
- In Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2:
- Swampfire defeated Goop.
- In Simple:
- Swampfire captured one of the team leaders.
- In Single-Handed:
- Swampfire, with no left hand, battled some Vulpimancers. He scared them and two kids away with a fire blast.
- In Ghost Town:
- In Trade-Off:
- Swampfire's powers were drained by Darkstar, but he gets them back.
- In Time Heals:
- In The Final Battle: Part 1:
- Negative Swampfire captured Gwen.
- In The Final Battle: Part 2:
- In Fame:
- Swampfire is seen on TV.
- In Hit 'Em Where They Live:
- In Video Games:
- Swampfire failed to defeat the Stalker.
- In Andreas’ Fault:
- Swampfire saved Andreas from the Forever Knights.
- In Ultimate Aggregor:
- Swampfire went Ultimate.
- In Perplexahedron:
- Swampfire thawed Gwen out of some ice.
- In The Forge of Creation:
- Swampfire went Ultimate.
- In Eye of the Beholder:
- Swampfire battled the Sentinels until he went Ultimate.
- In The Big Story:
- Swampfire was used by Clone Ben.
- Swampfire was later used by Ben, Swampfire goes Ultimate.
- In Ben 10,000 Returns:
- In Prisoner Number 775 is Missing:
- Swampfire lit a campfire.
- In Simian Says:
- In Catch a Falling Star:
- Swampfire broke into the dog pound.
- In The Eggman Cometh:
- Swampfire was defeated by Mutant Chickens.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare:
- In a dream, Swampfire defeated Albedo as Gwen.
- In Have I Got A Deal For You,
- Swampfire failed to stop the Skreegit.
- In Return to Forever,
- Swampfire tried to break out of a force field, but is reverted by the Forever Knights' DNA scanner.
- In Charmed, I'm Sure,
- Swampfire is a playable alien character in this game.
- Swampfire is a playable alien character in Vilgax Attacks. His fire can used to burned root, gas, and enemies.
- Swampfire is a playable alien character in this game.
- Swampfire is a playable alien character in Cosmic Destruction. His fire can used to burned gas, root, and enemies.
- Swampfire is a playable racer in this game on all platforms (except DS).
- Swampfire is a playable alien character in the game.
- Swampfire is one of the aliens used by Ben in Battle.
- Ben 10 Alien Force : Forever Defense
- Ben 10 Ultimate Alien : Ultimatrix Unleashed
- Ben 10 Omniverse : Omniverse Collection
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (Spain)||Fangoso||From fangoso, muddy|
|Spanish (Hispanic America)||Fuego Pantanoso||From fuego, fire and pantanoso, swamp|
|Italian||Fango Fiammante||From fango, mud and fiammante, flaming|
|Dutch||Moerasvuur||From moerasvuur, swampfire|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Fogo Selvagem / Fogo Fátuo||From fogo, fire; selvagem, wild and fátuo, fatuous|
|Russian||Пламенный / Plamennyĭ||From пламенный/plamennyĭ, a flaming one|
|Turkish||Çamur Ateş||From çamur, mud and ateş, fire|
|Croatian/Serbian||Močvarni / Мочварни||From the močvarni/мочварни, the swamp one|
|German||Schlammfeuer||From the schlammfeuer, mud fire|
|Greek||Βαλτοφωτιάς||From βάλτος, swamp and φωτιά, fire|
|French||Régénérator||From régénerer, regenerate|
|Romanian||Flacara vie||From the flacara vie, living flame|
|Swedish||Träskeld||From the träskeld, swampfire|
|Hebrew||ירוק בוער||From the ירוק בוער, burning green|
|Polish||Szlamfajer||From szlam, mud and fajer, the Polish pronunciation of fire|
|Hungarian||Láplövő||From láp, swamp and lövő, shooter.|
|Bulgarian||Блатоплам / Blatoplam||From the блато/blato, mud and плам/plam, swamp|
|Norwegian||Myrild||From the myrild, swampfire|
|Chinese||沼泽火||From 沼泽 （Zhǎo Zé），swamp and 火 （Huǒ）, fire.|
- His voice resembles Maximus' voice from American Dragon Jake Long.
- In MAD, Swampfire was one of the aliens Benjamin Franklin transformed into, to sign The Declaration of Independence. He was colored yellow, had Ben Franklin's hair and glasses and had blue fire.
- Despite having no nose, Swampfire somehow has a sense of smell.
- Swampfire has a nano in FusionFall after the player beats Fusion Ben.
- Swampfire appears in Cartoon Network's TKO; his special moves are Fireball and Vinespike, and his super move is Inferno Blast.
- Swampfire is the only alien to have four different designs in one series.
- Swampfire have the most designs of all of Ben's aliens.
- Swampfire redesign in Omniverse has many similarities to Tom Perkins's original concept art of him.
- Swampfire is another one of Ben's aliens in which its natural biological behavior overrides his normal state. Like the Necrofriggian's drive to reproduce (Save the Last Dance), the Methanosians undergo a kind of growth and 'blossoming' phase. In Ben's case, his Omnitrix is unable to select a different alien and he develops large facial pustules in his human form, until his Swampfire form has fully blossomed.
- Swampfire spoke for the first time in Omniverse in Charmed, I'm Sure.