|Ultimate Form||Ultimate Rath|
|Alternate Counterparts||Rath (Dimension 23)|
|Powers and Abilities|
|Abilities|| Enhanced Strength|
|Voice Actor|| John DiMaggio|
Jeff Bennett (Azmuth)
Ashley Johnson (Gwen)
|First Appearance||Con of Rath|
Ben as Rath
In Alien Force, and Ultimate Alien, Rath is about nine feet tall. He resembles an orange and white bipedal tiger with one claw coming out of each wrist. He has no tail. He is also muscular and has green eyes. He has stripes on his shoulders, head, legs and upper body. He has a white jaw, neck, chest plates, hands and feet.
In Omniverse, Rath looks similar to his Alien Force and Ultimate Alien appearance, but is more muscular, with longer and more pointed eyebrows. His fur appears darker as well. His eyebrows are now completely black (except in his first re-appearance).
In Secret of Dos Santos, Skurd fixes the error that made Rath naked by giving him an outfit similar to that of a luchador (a Mexican masked wrestler). His luchador outfit has a green and black color scheme. He also wears black boots, black gloves, and a luchador mask. The Omnitrix is now on his luchador belt.
Rath now wears the Omnitrix symbol on his chest.
Mad Ben as Rath
Mad Ben's Rath has darker fur, orange eyes, and a hair style like Mad Ben's. He also has Mad Ben's Mad Max style silver plates with orange spikes on his shoulders, lower arms, and calves. The Omnitrix symbol is on a black panel on his chest and is colored orange. He is also slightly thinner than Ben Prime's Rath.
Albedo as Rath
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, Negative Rath looks exactly like Rath in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien but he has red eyes and his Ultimatrix symbol is red as well. In Omniverse, Albedo's Rath has white fur instead of orange and has red stripes. He now has clothing, just like Ben's Rath. However, he lacks the mask and the tank top. He has black shorts, along with red gloves and boots. He has a red belt with the Ultimatrix symbol on it.
Rath's personality resembles Marvel Comics' Wolverine's and that of a stereotypical professional wrestler.
He always speaks in third person. Sometimes, when Rath becomes extremely angry, he gets confused about what he was saying. Rath knows that his metaphorical statements make no sense, but still continues to use them. Rath can even start yelling at inanimate objects, such as when he started yelling at a hole he made in the ground after falling from a spaceship, threatening to destroy it. When Rath is angry at someone or something, he usually yells a sentence starting with, "Let me tell you something" followed by the full name of the person or his position, such as calling Khyber "self proclaimed greatest huntsman of the galaxy" and Kevin as "Kevin Ethan Levin".
He is very direct and fearless to the point of recklessness, as he didn't hesitate to jump down Jarett's throat to rescue the Tiffin and threatened to mutilate him with rearrangement of his organs into a sweater if he started a war, or about firing the Vreedle Brothers out into space after they blasted him and his tray of food.
Because of Rath's tendency to be less than a genius, Kevin cannot help but mock or make fun of him.
Despite the fact that Rath is supposed to know nothing but anger and fighting, he is shown to be friendly towards Tiffin, though not at first.
Rath lacked the strong sense of shame that most Appoplexians have, as he ran around naked.
Albedo as Rath
Powers and Abilities
Rath possesses enhanced strength and agility, enabling him to jump great distances and lift objects heavier than himself. This was shown by how he was able to easily dismember the Forever Knights' paramilitary tank via brute force and toss the still extremely large pieces around (with one hand and later with two for the tank's body) with minimal to no effort in Duped.
Rath possesses a large, retractable black claw on each wrist. This claw can be used to stab and slice opponents or to create a shock wave when stabbed into the ground. Whenever Rath gets determined or angry, his claws seem to grow larger.
Rath is extremely durable, able to take a point-blank laser blast with no apparent effect and survive a free fall from several hundred feet in the air with only a bit of dizziness as a result.
Rath can also release a loud roar, although this seems to be more of an intimidation tactic rather than an offensive feature.
Rath's brain is hardwired for aggression and as such, Rath's only known weakness is his lack of intelligence and highly aggressive temperament. This causes Rath to become easily distracted and difficult to stop once he starts fighting.
Rath's apparent lack of intelligence also may convince him to needlessly argue with inanimate objects (shown when he moans at the Ultimatrix in Hero Time, when he yells at the Omnitrix in It Was Them, when he screams at a Plumber's ship, gravity, the hole he made when he fell in Prisoner Number 775 is Missing, at fire in Many Happy Returns, where he ended up punching himself in the face, the Proto-Tool's laser pointer in Catfight, and he started to fight with water in Gone Fishin').
As seen in Gone Fishin', Rath is afraid of water, like most actual cats, but unlike actual tigers.
As demonstrated by Khyber, Rath can be subdued by the Hephestan Neuro Grip.
A certain sonic frequency signal is fatal to Rath.
Rath, being feline based, can be controlled by people that have the ability to control cats, like Nyancy Chan.
- Rath first appeared in Con of Rath,
- In Primus,
- Azmuth as Rath was defeated by Vilgax.
- In Above and Beyond,
- Rath defeated Manny.
- In Vendetta,
- Ben transformed into Rath off-screen to battle the Forever Knights.
- Rath returned to Ultimate Alien in Fame,
- Rath was seen on TV.
- In Duped,
- Rath destroyed the Forever Knights' Plasma Beam Tank.
- In Hit 'Em Where They Live,
- Rath defeated Rojo.
- In Hero Time,
- Rath was beaten by Captain Nemesis in a race.
- In The Big Story,
- Rath defeated Sevenseven.
- In Prisoner Number 775 is Missing,
- Rath held on to a Plumber Ship being driven by Prisoner 775, and yelled at it, gravity, and a hole he made in the ground.
- In Greetings from Techadon,
- Rath battled the second custom Techadon and defeated it.
- In A Knight to Remember,
- In Inspector 13,
- In It Was Them,
- Rath battled the giant ants.
- In Of Predators and Prey: Part 2,
- In Many Happy Returns,
- Rath saved Madison from a burning building.
- In Gone Fishin',
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1,
- Rath destroyed an Incursean fighter ship.
- In Food Around the Corner,
- Rath defeated Poltroon.
- In Return to Forever,
- Rath defeated Tummyhead.
- In Something Zombozo This Way Comes,
- Rath was used to battle the Circus Freak Trio and was defeated.
- In Catfight,
- Rath tried to battle Nyancy Chan, but was hypnotized to do her crimes with her.
- He later appeared 3 more times due to the Omnitrix remote control.
- In Rook Tales,
- Rath tried to take off Young One's tail.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2,
- In Secret of Dos Santos,
- Rath, speaking Spanish and wearing clothes for the first time, defeated Exo-Skull.
- In A New Dawn,
- Rath appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- In And Then There Were None,
|===Ben 10: Alien Force===
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
Ben 10: Omniverse
Rath appears as a playable character in the game, as an exclusive for the Xbox 360 version.
Rath is a playable character/racer in the game.
- Rath is a playable alien character in the game (only on 3DS).
- In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United,
- Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Xenodrome (starter alien)
Naming and Translations
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Irado / Rath||From irado, angry, in the most of episodes it's used Rath more than Irado|
|Dutch||Wraak||From wraak, revenge|
|Polish||Gniew||From gniew, anger|
|Bulgarian||Бяс||From Бяс/Bias, rage|
|German||Tiger||From tiger, tiger|
|Spanish (Spain)||Airado||From airado, angry|
|Spanish (Hispanic America)||Rath||From the original English name|
|Italian||Tigre||From tigre, tiger|
|Turkish||Ret||From ret, rejection|
|Hungarian||Frász||From frász, jitters|
|French||Bengalosaure||From Bengale, Bengal, as in "Bengal tiger" and -saure, -saur|
|Filipino||Galit||From galit, wrath/anger/angry|
|Albanian||Zemërim||From zemërim, wrath/anger/angry|
|Chinese||暴虎||From 暴(Bào), violent and 虎(Hǔ), tiger|
Rath's name is a misspelled version of "Wrath", meaning fury and rage, a reference to his attitude and fury-based powers.
- According to Eugene Son, Rath is probably his favorite alien, but he loves them all.
- Rath is a playable alien in Cartoon Network's TKO.
- Out of all of Ben's aliens, Gwen and Kevin find Rath the most entertaining alien, occasionally joking about him, making Rath angry.
- On September 14, 2011, FusionFall released Rath Nano.
- In Project Exonaut, Rath is a Level 10 suit.
- In Food Around the Corner, it is revealed that Appoplexians have an advanced sense of shame and typically wear clothes, unlike Rath, who used to be naked at the time.
- In Catfight, Rath is much larger than normal.
|Alien X • Armodrillo • Arctiguana • Big Chill • Brainstorm • ChamAlien • Diamondhead • Echo Echo • Fasttrack • Goop • Gravattack • Humungousaur • Jetray • Lodestar • NRG • Rath • Spidermonkey • Swampfire • Wildvine|
|Albedo • Arctiguana • Echo Echo • Gravattack • Humungousaur • Rath • Spidermonkey|