|This article is about the original Omnitrix. For Azmuth's second Omnitrix, see Omnitrix.|
|User|| Ben Tennyson (formerly)|
Albedo (duplication, formerly)
Gwen Tennyson (Gwen 10)
Max Tennyson (Gwen 10)
Gwen Tennyson (alternate)
|Type|| Level 20|
|Voice Actor||Yuri Lowenthal|
|First Appearance||And Then There Were 10|
The Omnitrix had a two-fold purpose:
- It would promote inter-species understanding by allowing other beings to experience different ways of life.
- It would serve as a repository for the DNA of over a million different intelligent species, preserving them in the event that any of them should ever become extinct and bring them back.
- Secretly, Azmuth had another reason for creating the Omnitrix: he hoped that his estranged lover Zennith, who had left him as he created Ascalon, would learn of his change and come back to him.
The Omnitrix was destroyed in The Final Battle: Part 2 in order to prevent Vilgax from further using it.
In the first form that Ben encountered, the Omnitrix looked like a very big wristwatch, primarily black and grey in color, with a grey (or black) dial in the middle (like a watch face) which has a green hourglass shape (the intergalactic "peace" symbol, also on Plumber's Badges and Galvan Prime) on it. This symbol design, however, was a scratch guard, which fell off after Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens. When Ben selects his aliens it shows the alien's silhouette.
When it recalibrated, the Omnitrix gained a more watch-like shape, a green wristband, became smaller and sleeker, and the face dial became black and green. The inside of the hourglass shape glowed in different colors at certain moments. These colors signify the mode that the Omnitrix was presently in. When Ben is selecting his aliens it rather shows the alien's hologram standing on the core rather than the alien's silhouette.
|Ben Tennyson||In And Then There Were 10, Ben found the Omnitrix and it put itself on Ben's wrist.||In Back with a Vengeance, the Omnitrix was removed by Kevin Levin.|
|In Back with a Vengeance, Gwen gave Ben the Omnitrix and he put it back on.||After the Omniverse flashbacks, Ben removed the Omnitrix off-screen.|
|In Ben 10 Returns: Part 1, Ben put the Omnitrix back on.||In Primus, the Omnitrix removed itself.|
|In Primus, Ben took the Omnitrix from Vilgax and put it back on.||In The Final Battle: Part 1, Humungousaur removed the Omnitrix.|
|Gwen Tennyson||In the Gwen 10 Timeline, Gwen found the Omnitrix instead of Ben.|
|In the non-canon Gwen 10, Gwen found and put on the Omnitrix.||In Gwen 10, the Omnitrix came off when Gwen was hit by an electric bolt.|
|Max Tennyson||In the non-canon Gwen 10, the Omnitrix put itself on Max.|
|Albedo||Prior to Good Copy, Bad Copy, Albedo created and put on a duplicate Omnitrix.||In Good Copy, Bad Copy, Azmuth removed the Omnitrix from Albedo.|
|In the Vilgax Attacks Timeline, Albedo used a copied Omnitrix.|
|Azmuth||In Primus, Azmuth put on the Omnitrix.||In Primus, the Omnitrix was removed by Vilgax.|
|Vilgax||In Primus, Vilgax put on the Omnitrix.||In Primus, the Omnitrix was removed by Ben.|
|In The Final Battle: Part 1, Vilgax put on the Omnitrix.||In The Final Battle: Part 2, the Omnitrix was destroyed by Ben.|
The Omnitrix can instantly recharge to protect the user from direct physical threat. This was shown when Ben was stuck to a wall about to be killed by Kevin 11 and when Zs'Skayr tried to possess Ben. Both times, despite just timing out within a minute earlier, the Omnitrix recharges instantly when the user's life is put in direct threat. This feature was switched off after the recalibration.
If the user is knocked out or hurt enough, the Omnitrix will revert them to their normal form.
The recalibrated Omnitrix times out with no warning due to the warning being switched off when the Omnitrix recalibrated. In War of the Worlds: Part 2, the Omnitrix had reset, turning the time out warning feature back on.
The hourglass, when recharging, also flashes red instead of remaining a solid red as it had when the Omnitrix was in its original form.
In Self-Destruct Mode, the Omnitrix charges energy while counting down until it explodes. S.D.M. functions as a last resort should the Omnitrix fall into the wrong hands. It can be activated by Voice Command.
When in S.D.M. for a few days, the Omnitrix can charge enough energy to cause an energy ripple that will destroy the entire universe.
In the original series while the Omnitrix was in S.D.M. it sent out bursts of energy that threw Ben through the air.
When the S.D.M. is activated, the Omnitrix sends out a signal that any ship can pick up (unless it was activated by Voice Command), such as when Vilgax picked it up with a stolen ship and Tetrax picked up the signal. Likely as a distress signal.The S.D.M was used and successfully triggered in The Final Battle: Part 2, though it only destroyed the Omnitrix and not the universe because it was charged for 30 seconds (as opposed to a few days).
The Omnitrix makes a beep-like noise, then it changes to a glowing black and green and morphs into its new shape. It is unknown how Recalibration Mode is activated.According to Dwayne, the Omnitrix has hundreds of different forms (this is to fit different users).
- The Omnitrix acted as a wireless receiver for the Codon Stream.
- By accessing the Codon Stream, the Omnitrix rewrote the user's DNA and transformed them into one of the 1,000,910 DNA samples. The Omnitrix cannot transform the user into another of its own species.
- In order for the user to change size, matter was created from energy or reconstituted to energy as needed.
- The Omnitrix had a quick change feature.
- The Omnitrix would alter its size to fit the user's size, as shown in The Final Battle: Part 2.
- When transformed, the Omnitrix protected the user from negative effects, like possession by an Ectonurite, the effect of Corrodium or Dr. Animo's mutant ray.
- If someone tried to tamper with the Omnitrix against the user's will, the Omnitrix creates a large feedback pulse for defense.
- Once placed on the wearer, the Omnitrix cannot be removed by normal physical means.
- The Omnitrix could show a database image of all aliens unlocked.
- The Omnitrix was able to repair genetic damage, such as turn DNAliens back to normal and remove the Xenocyte.
- The Omnitrix could genetically manipulate DNA or reprogram a species' DNA (like fuse DNA from different species of aliens).
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, the Omnitrix in the original series had a scratch guard that Ben didn't know how to remove. It fell off after Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens.
- The Omnitrix changed the aliens' eye color to match the user's eye color.
- This can be turned off.
- The Omnitrix could be synchronized with another Omnitrix even without the user's intent as revealed by Professor Paradox.
- The Omnitrix had AI (Artificial Intelligence).
- The Omnitrix functioned as a GPS as shown in The Final Battle: Part 1.
- The Omnitrix could create a hologram map, which is similar to the one in Plumber Badges.
- The Omnitrix had a 2-way communication system with Plumber Badges.
- The Omnitrix had a built-in Universal Translator.
- The Omnitrix could teleport the user through Azmuth's teleportation channel.
- The Omnitrix could display ten colors, each meaning something different:
- Green: Active Mode
- Red: Recharge Mode
- Yellow: Capture Mode
- Blue: Recalibration Mode
- Purple: Controlled
- Orange: Self Destruct Mode (original Omnitrix form)
- Grey: Deactivated
- Black: Stop Mode
- Pink: Under spell effect
- White: Not Working Properly
- The Omnitrix had two known display modes
- Black silhouettes of the aliens.
- Dark green holograms of the aliens.
- By changing the settings on the Omnitrix, either display modes could have been used with either Omnitrix form.
- The Omnitrix could alter the clothing of the wearer to better fit the alien forms.
- Ben lost this function in Alien Force because the Omnitrix recalibrated.
- During Alien Force, nanomachines broke them down and stored them until the transformation ends.
- When the user was transformed, an Omnitrix symbol appeared on the chest. The symbol was actually the Omnitrix itself, appearing in this form because many species don't have wrists.
- The Omnitrix was in the center of the chest area on every alien in Alien Force is for easy access. The symbol was put in different places on some aliens in the original series which was a side effect of the Omnitrix not working properly.
- The Omnitrix could be controlled by voice, called Voice Command.
- Access Master Control
- Unlocks the Master Control but only works to Azmuth's voice.
- Decouple Omnitrix Command Code: 000 - Release Coupling - 0
- Removes the Omnitrix.
- Omnitrix Self Destruct in (time): Command code: 000 - Destruct 0
- Activates Self-Destruct Mode.
- Abort Self Destruct Code 10
- Deactivates Self-Destruct Mode.
- Omnitrix Reset Code 10
- Activates Reset Mode.
- Omnitrix Abort Reset Code 10
- Deactivates Reset Mode.
- Command Function Override Code 10
- Overrides function.
- Access Master Control
- If the Omnitrix's faceplate cover is broken off, the result was DNA hybrids.
- When exposed to an electromagnetic interference, the Omnitrix could cause unintentional transformations and the Omnitrix will be unable to deactivate until the source of the interference is gone.
- This could work in reverse, rapidly changing the user from one form to another until someone/something stops it.
- Technical glitches caused power glitches that would cause random flight and abilities not native to the alien species, as well as leaving all the aliens naked and cold.
- Azmuth reformatted and corrected these errors in the new Omnitrix.
Known Unlocked Aliens
- All episodes expect Ken 10 and Goodbye and Good Riddance.
- Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix
- Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
Ben 10: Alien Force
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
- The Forge of Creation (first re-appearance)
Ben 10: Omniverse
- The More Things Change: Part 1 (first re-appearance)
- A Jolt from the Past
- Trouble Helix
- It Was Them
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 2
- Ben Again
- Special Delivery
- Showdown: Part 1
- Showdown: Part 2
- Evil's Encore
- Mud Is Thicker Than Water
- For a Few Brains More
- Max's Monster
- And Then There Was Ben
- Weapon XI: Part 2
- From Hedorium to Eternity
- Voice Changer Set
- Omnitrix Set with Punching sounds
- Omnitrix FX
- Digital Omnitrix
- Omnitrix Special Hologram 10-pack with Exclusive Alien X Hologram
- Omnitrix X10
- Omnitrix disc viewer 1
- Omnitrix disc viewer 2
Naming and Translations
|Hungarian||Omnitrix||From the original English name|
|Spanish (HA)|| Omnitríx|
Omnitrix (since The Alliance)
|From the original English name|
|Spanish (Spain)||Omnitrix||From the original English name|
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt:
- The Galvan were the first species to be added to the Omnitrix.
- Azmuth compares the Omnitrix to Noah's Ark and Ben to Noah.
- The Omnitrix was originally intended for Max and was programmed to work for his DNA, because Ben is Max's grandson, the close genetic match is what allowed him to use it.
- According to Ben, he feels that he is somebody else when he transforms into an alien.
- The Omnitrix's voice-activated self-destruct sequence is the same code from "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock" that James T. Kirk used to activate the Enterprise's one minute self-destruct sequence (000 destruct-0).
- Azmuth (creator)
- Ben Tennyson (former wielder)
- Primus (DNA database planet)
- Codon Stream (DNA database)
|Omnitrix Replica||Biomnitrix||Hero Watch||Power Watch|