|Original broadcast||January 15, 2010|
|Series||Ben 10: Alien Force|
|Overall episode number||92|
|Written by||Charlotte Fullerton|
|Directed by||Butch Lukic|
|Previous episode||Con of Rath|
|Next episode||Time Heals|
Primus is the fortieth episode of Ben 10: Alien Force.
In the middle of fight with a Techadon robot, Lodestar, Gwen and Kevin are unexpectedly transported by the Omnitrix to a planet named Primus. They soon discover that they are not alone and that Vilgax is there to stop the Omnitrix from its source.
After being attacked by various blue alien wasps, Ben, Gwen and Kevin find Vilgax fighting Humungousaur, who turns out to be Azmuth. Also, turning into Rath, Azmuth is defeated by Vilgax. Vilgax takes the Omnitrix, but can't figure out how to use it. Ben explains it to him, turns him into Goop, and turns off his anti-gravity projector, leaving Vilgax powerless. Ben takes the Omnitrix off him, which immediately turns him back. Ben turns into Cannonbolt and kicks Vilgax into the Codon Stream. Vilgax then absorbs the power from the Codon Stream, which dramatically increases his size and strength. Ben turns into Way Big and, after a short fight, tosses Vilgax into outer space. After rethinking his position, Azmuth allows Ben to keep the Omnitrix.
- Ben and the team learn about Primus and that the Omnitrix is a wireless device that is connected to it.
- Azmuth and Vilgax used the Omnitrix for the first time on-screen.
- In one scene, Gwen's pants are blue instead of gray.
- Vilgax's eyes remain white for a moment, after he destroys the rocks Azmuth (as Rath) tossed at him.
Naming and TranslationsEdit
|Spanish (Latin America)||Primus||Primus|
- This marks the second time Way Big threw Vilgax into space, the first time was in Secret of The Omnitrix.
- Primus is also a code on the video game Vilgax Attacks to get back all your aliens after you lose them in the first level and Cosmic Destruction (only Xbox 360) to get Rath.
- In the original series, Vilgax can activate and deactivate the Omnitrix but now he can't even make the face plate come up. This is due to the Omnitrix having recalibrated itself into a new form.
- Vilgax acquires the Omnitrix for the first time.
- We see Azmuth use the Omnitrix for the first time. However, this is not the first time chronologically, as he mentions he's "A little rusty.".
- This episode was the first time in the main storyline that someone besides Ben used the Omnitrix. Although others have used the Omnitrix in the series, it has always been an alternate storyline episode or a fantasy.
- Although Grey Matter has the Omnitrix symbol on his back, Azmuth (being a Galvan as well) wore the Omnitrix with the symbol facing forward.
- While Humungousaur (Azmuth) and Vilgax are en par in strength, in Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2, Vilgax beats Ben as Humungousaur, even in his giant form.
- Although it is shown that Azmuth does not intend to forgive Ben, he has forgiven him, but cannot trust him anymore. That may be because he knows that no one can use the Omnitrix better than him.
- When Vilgax changes into Goop, he still talks in his own voice.
- This episode proves that Way Big is Ben's most physically strong alien as he threw Vilgax (who was about the same size of Way Big) out Primus's atmosphere with ease.
- When the Omnitrix came off of Ben and it went on to Azmuth, Azmuth turned into Humungousaur, and he looked like Ben mixed with Vaxasaurian DNA instead of Azmuth's DNA mixed, but when Vilgax put on the Omnitrix, Goop was mixed with Vilgax's DNA and had a different appearance.