|Of Predators and Prey: Part 1|
|Original broadcast||November 10, 2012|
|Series||Ben 10: Omniverse|
|Written by||Kevin Rubio|
|Directed by||Christopher Berkeley|
|Previous episode||Hot Stretch|
|Next episode||Of Predators and Prey: Part 2|
Of Predators and Prey: Part 1 is the ninth episode of Ben 10: Omniverse.
Five years later, Ben and Rook are playing a Sumo Slammers video game, until Crabdozer comes out through the wall. Ben tries to transform into Humungousaur, but transforms into Stinkfly instead. Stinkfly spits goo on Crabdozer's legs, sticking them to the floor. Crabdozer transforms into Buglizard and breathes gas onto the goo, causing it to melt away. Buglizard grabs Stinkfly and throws him around, while Rook shoots the predator. The Omnitrix times out and Stinkfly transforms back into Ben and he is covered in saliva. Ben tries to transform into Humungousaur again, but transforms into Wildmutt instead. Wildmutt attacks Buglizard and they end up fighting in the parking lot. Khyber, watching over the battle from a close by building, whistles and causes Wildmutt to be stunned by the noise and to transform back into normal.
They then head over to the Plumbers base, where Max is trying to recapture an alien scorpion-like thing. Rook helps Max, and Max reveals that the alien was for a meal he was cooking, and gives some to Rook. Ben tells Max about Khyber's Pet, who is hunting him. Max asks Ben what he thinks they should do. Ben tries to tell Max an idea that Rook told him earlier, but can't talk due to having food in his mouth.Later, Ben and Rook head to Undertown to find Khyber's pet. After Rook checks someone to be Khyber's pet in disguise, Ben and Rook have a fight over what they should do. Then Rook decides to leave, leaving Ben with his hoodie, hoverboard, and his broken Plumbers badge (after Rook broke it, saying that he doesn't deserve one).
In a flashback, Malware is heading up to the lab of Dr. Psychobos to talk about a device he could create. However, he doesn't have the DNA samples to make it work.
Ben finds Pakmar and learns that Pakmar has made a pet store. Ben asks him to bring dog whistles so Ben can try it. Ben transforms into Wildmutt again as Pakmar tests some whistles.Ben is then attacked by Khyber's pet, then Khyber himself. After the Omnitrix recharges, Ben transforms into Crashhopper to battle. Khyber's pet then transforms into Mucilator and falls on Crashhopper, so Crashhopper transforms into Armodrillo and throws Mucilator. Mucilator then transforms into Slamworm and goes underground and attacks Armodrillo. Armadillo transforms into Heatblast through slamming the Omnitrix. Heatblast then chases after Khyber by flying in the air via propulsion, but has a surprise attack by Crabdozer. Heatblast tries to transform into Humungousaur through slamming the Omnitrix just as it begins to time out, but he transforms into Ball Weevil instead. At first Ball Weevil doesn't know how to use his powers, but then spits a ball and rolls around uncontrollably before seeing that the ball can explode. Crabdozer encounters Ball Weevil and transforms into Terroranchula. Ball Weevil eventually flees through climbing a pipe that leads into the surface, but Khyber defeats him by redirecting one of his balls. The Omnitrix times out, causing Ball Weevil to transform back into Ben. Ben falls down saying "No." Khyber then picks up Ben and says "Yes." and laughs evilly.
- Dr. Psychobos makes his debut, and it's revealed that he hired Khyber to collect Omnitrix DNA samples for Malware.
- Ball Weevil gets unlocked and makes his first appearance.
- Terroranchula makes her first appearance.
- The origin of the Nemetrix is revealed.
- Stinkfly makes his Omniverse debut by 16-year-old Ben.
- Ben and Rook have their first argument with each other.
- Dr. Psychobos (flashback and present)
Omnitrix Aliens Debuts
Nemetrix Aliens Debut
- Terroranchula (first appearance)
- Rook tells Ben that he never saved the world by himself, since he always had help.
- Ben Tennyson
- Rook Blonko
- Max Tennyson
- Kineceleran Kids
- Green-Worst (cameo)
- Lillimusha DiForestini (cameo)
- Tentacle Vendor (cameo)
By 11 year old Ben
By 16 year old Ben
- Stinkfly (first re-appearance by 16 year old Ben; intended alien was Humungousaur)
- Wildmutt (x2; first time intended alien was Humungousaur)
- Ball Weevil (first appearance; intended alien was Humungousaur)
Naming and Translations
|Hungarian||Ragadozók és zsákmányaik, Első rész||Predators and Their Preys, Part 1|
|Polish||Drapieżniki I Ofiary Cz.1||Predators And Victims Part 1|
|Portuguese (Br)||Predadores e Presas, 1ª Parte||Predators and Preys, 1st Part|
|Spanish (HA)||Depredadores y Presa, Primera Parte||Predators and Prey, First Part|
|Spanish (Spain)||Presa y Depredador, Parte 1||Prey and Predator, Part 1|
- Khyber's "Yes" quote at the end of the episode is a reference to how Megatron from Transformers: Beast Wars always trolls on the word "yes". Coincidentally, they are both voiced by David Kaye.
- Ben's "Make like a tree and get out of here" quote was similar to what Biff Tannen usually says in the Back to the Future trilogy.