FANDOM

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • How's it going dude? Any news about Ben 10 new series or reboot on other sites?

      Loading editor
  • The "illegal" in the title should be a clue as to why complaining you "didn't know about it", as well as the fact that you outright mentioned it was illegal, will be pointless.

      Loading editor
  • Dude have you created a Ben 10 FanFiction or a co-writer there? I'm don't really know how it works xD

      Loading editor
    • View all 31 replies
    • Well he technically already has them so it's not really about getting new ones but yeah. You did turn out to be right about the Contemelia, so kudos bro!

      Well Omniverse is over and I've been blocked for a day. I'm going to make good on my promise and split while the opportunity lasts. If you want to hit me up again, post me on the Fanfiction wiki or stop by deviantart. Name's Turbojake26 there. Also the Ben 10 Englishboard, Dwayne McDuffie Forums. Much better place than this!

      I'll see you later AnimeEx. You're a really awesome person! It's been swell!

      Xanton

        Loading editor
    • Oh I meant other than his millions of aliens, travelling throughout the universe could get him pver a million aliens again and meet certain conditions where he will unlock the other aliens. Oh and probably a new Ben 10,000 will show with a different Omnitrix. See ya later bro.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • You constantly broke them, and I had given you an ultimatum already.

      Loading editor
    • View all 22 replies
    • Ryousha wrote: Can we all chill out? Xanton is upset, yes. But isn't the block only for one day? I don't particularly find intruding on someone's business fascinating, but Xanton is reacting normally, he isn't overreacting if he was warned the first time for not understanding the situation properly and is definitely going to react in a negative manner if you write "We said read the rules, not glance at the rules" as some kind of taunt. That probably wasn't the intention, but even to an outsider who was no business in these matters, it felt like you were baiting Xanton to react in a defensive manner. 

      Xanton, my best advice to you, my fellow peer  is to look over the rules again if you can and just verify what you want to do with one of the Bureaucrats/Custodians if you have doubts and such. It's much more of a hassle, but at least you won't get continously warned for mistakes and get prolonged blocking periods.

      I appreciate your help and your advice. I will, to the relief of the admins and custodian present, most likely be leaving the wiki when Omnvierse ends. I don't have any intention of sticking around afterwards.

      Also I'd like to say that it's not so much that I'm angry about being blocked, that I could care less about, it's more so that, as you say, I feel I've baited, more so by Oneofthosedf's "Frankly, I don't care" remark than anything.

      Saying things like that only asks for people to get angry, overreact, what have you. If you don't want things like that to happen, don't say things like, "I don't care". It's begging people to get mad at you, especially people like me.

        Loading editor
    • Alright. Now that I finally have some time I'd really like to at least touch on this. I hate leaving unfinished business, misunderstandings and the like. Also writing in bad moods is not encouraged. As of now being in a clear minded mood I'd like to touch on this a bit

      Blaziken rjcf wrote:

      Xanton, you outright said you hadn't read the rules; merely "glanced at them" - and those were your exact words. You have no right to complain about our conclusion that you hadn't, in fact, read the rules, since you yourself said so.

      If these are my exact words why aren't they quoted? I also would contend that I as well as anyone has a right to complain, or in fact, do anything. I did not in fact say that I hadn't and still believe the automatic assumption to did it to be in error. However my unwillingness to read the rules, as stated by me here and now, is the true stem of error as there are ways to conduct business that even I must abide by, whether I agree with them or not. Also it should be noted my memory sucks and I've already forgotten the majority of the rules.

      Blaziken rjcf wrote:

      Also, the only reason the wiki is "chaotic", as you so claim, is due to some users' apparent inability to read a website's rules before they join, then becoming upset when they get warned for breaking them.

      That is not the only or even the reason I stated or "claimed" the wiki is chaotic, but that is another topic all together so I'll keep to the one at hand. It's not that I didn't read the rules before joining, in fact it is the opposite, the rules changed after I joined. This is not an inability on my part it is just a simple fact I wasn't aware there had been changes. Also it should be noted that I was never really "upset" for being warned about breaking the rules I was more upset by the response I was given when I tried to explain why it had happened.

      Blaziken rjcf wrote:

      Additionally, as has been pointed out to you many, many times over, a thread was highlighted about the change in rules. Said thread remained highlighted for a week, just like the new one will remain highlighted for that amount of time.

      I'm glad you said this so I don't have to find and quote it but I the same time I will reference that we had a discussion concerncing the time of highlighted and my time of reentry. Whether the rule was highlighted or not, and no matter how many times it was said I re-entered the wiki after the week was over and the tread no longer highlighted. At least on that account I cannot be faulted.

      Blaziken rjcf wrote: Finally, nobody in the entire wiki has been blocked without proper justification, and everyone gets the same amount of respect they show others. You showed what amounted to none (insisting that we should have made you aware of the change in the rules, even though we had no way of knowing when and if you'd be returning, or even if you had read the rules, not to mention the fact that there was a highlighted thread about the change in rules for all visitors to see - a fact you keep ignoring), so you received what amounted to none in return.

      I would highly contend this. When I arrived on the wiki I tried my utmost to treat people with respect. It's only when I got a slap in the face at the get go this ceased to be. On the subject of you making me aware of the rules I will step down to apologize as I believe some projecting may have occurred there as I had dealt with a similar situation a few months prior. Nevertheless, I will say that A) I did not keep ignoring what you all were saying contrary to popular belief and B) Did not show disrespect in handling the situation before. If anything I would say it was the opposite as I remember rather rashly saying things like "no disrespect intended". I will again point to the first reply I received after the rule break and ask to analyze that before putting everything I'd done, said and questioned, into a stigma of disrespect.

      insisting that we should have made you aware of the change in the rules, even though we had no way of knowing when and if you'd be returning, or even if you had read the rules

      This is my fault for projecting past experiences. I like to be in the know when I do things and not being informed of things is not something I take to very lightly or kindly, so I again apologize, though I do not understand how that constitutes disrespect. Maybe a mild form of ego but not disrespect.

      Blaziken rjcf wrote: Ryousha, I recommend you read the threads containing his other warnings. The warnings were given to him as they have been to every other user for months, if not years: the title reflects what the user did wrong, and the comment expands on it, often ending with a link to the rules. Xanton ignored all three, judging by the fact that he kept breaking the rules in question. He even admitted to not having read the rules in full, in spite of the warnings not saying anything like "Read only the rules you think you should" or "Read the rules that apply to you", then complained that we didn't tell him he had to read all the rules.

      I would also, if I may be so bold, request you do the same. There are fundamental problems that appear and also one of those rulebreakings I reported to be an accident. There was never a time I intentionally broke any rule. They were all either unaware rulebreakings or accidental ones.

      I will still admit I am at fault for not complying and reading the rules but I still feel the way I was treated and responded to on my return was the real cause of most all of this ugly business.

      I still establish my prior conjectures however that the wiki has become something akin to a fascist state (though in the time from the posting of the comment I am replying to me posting now things have gotten slightly better, or more agreeable). This is not to disrespect anyone or try and "get back" for anything this is just my opinion from what I have observed and from what I have formulated together for myself.

      I give my resignation from the wiki till the end at Omniverse lest proceedings I am now a part of take longer. I won't try to bargain, I won't try to compromise. I don't belong here anymore. It's not the place I knew and I must accept that. The More Things Change, the more I want to stay the same, I must get past this. The world's motto is "Adapt or die", so that's what I must do. I don't really know how t end this so I'll just say this, sometimes all the rules and processes and needless complications don't make things better. Oppression of the people usually stems from wanting to create order in a chaotic world. I know that there are a lot of people on the wiki who are confused and need directions and the rules exist to help them. I will say though, there is a difference between using the rules to keep them in place or using them to guide them to a better outlook.

      Xanton

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Do not post in any other language here but English. Read the rules.

      Loading editor
    • View all 50 replies
    • Blaziken rjcf wrote: Cory AKS, if you can point to one thing Xanton has said about his warnings ("unfair" and such) that are true, feel free to do so.

      I'm going to just cold slap in right here, I never, ever used the word unfair ever to describe anything because if I know one thing I know it well, life is never fair. I never said anything about the rules or me being banished(banned, whatever) was unfair. I may have disagreed with them but I accepted that me getting banned was an acceptable response, either here or elsewhere.

      What I did say was that the wiki has become a darker place that has created chaos out of order, creating a dictatorship out of what all amounts to a library. I never said anything was "unfair" about anything.

        Loading editor
    • Cory AKS wrote:

      Xanton wrote:

      Oneofthosedf wrote: You are simply paranoid. I'm following everything that happens on this wiki from the tiniest edit. I usually leave 3-5 warning on users' wall a day.

      Well I did test severe for anxiety, so yeah I'm paranoid. And apparently for good reason. Goodness, grief. The last time I was here the wiki was a lot better place. You guys have degraded into dictators and ego maniacs. And yes I get it, there are trolls, and dumb people, and fans with the wrong agenda when it comes to editing but really, some of these policies and rules, or at least the way you treat people or whatever, frankly it's despicable.

      I can see why so many people hate this place. But enough of that, you guys enjoy it. After all you built it, so you get to rule it however you see fit.

      I'm just Ben in a Mad, Mad, Mad world.

      Well said.

      Thank you.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Okay since you are also familar with Fairy Tail, I did this fun little vs crossover thread. Check it out.

    http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:162427

    I think next I am going to Hex vs Natsu, only so many magical characters in Ben 10, but I like to put them up against someone from Fairy Tail, for Gwen might have her opponent be  Minerva of Sayla, if I am going to keep this hero vs villain.

    What do you think of Makarov or Gildarts vs Awaitya?

      Loading editor
  • Thanks for agreeing with me on the whole "take a break-" thing.

      Loading editor
  • Good job speedily reporting fan fiction/fan art on the wiki, but please use this page to do so in the future.

      Loading editor
  • This is not a fan fiction wiki. Read the rules.

      Loading editor
    • Blaziken rjcf wrote:
      This is not a fan fiction wiki. Read the rules.

      I'm not uploading fan art.

      If you are referring to the Jetray pic, which I believe you are, I explained the situation out. I found it, posted by Derrick, on his blog. He had postef the pic and Jeffrey. I don't read rules usually but I've seen enough people get in trouble for and been annoyed by fanart on the wikia not to post such things. I apologize if I bothered you. Thinking about it now I even asked if an admin coukd check it out because I wasn't sure if it was authentic or not. I don't usually post pictures on the wiki but when I do I make sure there's something good about it. Again I apologize if I bothered you or upset people on the wiki. It was not my intent.

        Loading editor
    • also, someone just put up some Ultimate Goop fan art

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
See archived talk page
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message