|This article belongs to the Original Continuity.|
Mana, also known as Life Energy, is the name given to the life energy that is present in all living things (except Ectonurites) throughout the entire universe. Mana was introduced in What Are Little Girls Made Of?; it is explained that Anodites, a race of "energy beings", are entirely comprised of mana and can freely manipulate it to their every whim.
Constructs made out of mana seem to have similar properties to either glass, light, or what appears to be metal. In What Are Little Girls Made Of?, Verdona mentions how most of her corporeal descendants did not inherit "the spark", the catalyst that allows for the control and manipulation of mana.
- Ben 10,000 (taught by Gwen)
- Kevin Levin (temporarily)
- Michael Morningstar
In Ben 10: Alien Force, it is implied that the magic constantly utilized by both fifteen-year-old Charmcaster and ten-year-old Gwen in the original series is actually derived from mana and that skilled humans like Charmcaster are capable of harnessing it.
A key difference is that this form of magic (or at least magical rituals) relies much more on the use of verbal incantations, spell books, charms, and even celestial events (like a full moon or a solar eclipse) to achieve the desired effects.
Mana can be used in its raw form - as pure energy - to attack opponents and create energy constructs such as shields, steps, and even bridges.
Tracking of organic life via their energy signature.
Limited Reality Warping
Only shown by Verdona by fixing a broken glass at Gwen's house, creating strong duct tape around Ben’s mouth, and repairing Gwen's house when it was destroyed during their fight with a mere snap of her fingers. This also shifted Ben and Kevin back to their human forms.
- The concept of mana can be found in many cultures under different names, all revolving around the idea of life force.
- Although it is shown in the captions on television as "manna", it is spelled "mana".
- The word "mana" is derived from "manna," a food that fell from the sky in the Bible, keeping the Hebrews alive, in much the same way as mana is a life force for all beings.