|Home World||Peptos XI (Destroyed)|
|Abilities|| Solid Matter Ingestion|
|First Appearance||The Visitor|
Gourmands are a humanoid frog like species from the planet Peptos XI.
Gourmands are a small species with stubby limbs, four-fingered hands, three-toed feet, six tubular growths on the back of their head, and three gill-like markings on their face. Two sub-species of Gourmands have yellow eyes and have at least three tongues.
One sub-species of Gourmands are called Perks who are green all over, with a darker shade green on the top of their head and all over their backs and hands. They have very crooked teeth that appear outside the top of their mouth. They are considered more thought-oriented and defense-minded. Perk Soldiers wear metal cups on their heads like helmets, and fight with spoons.
Another sub-species of Gourmands called Murks are swampy-green, have tan bellies and muzzles, black digits and black-green spots on their tails, limbs, hips and back. Their eyes are sharper and look pupil-less. Also, their teeth are now more aligned with visibly sharp canine teeth that appear outside the bottom of their mouth. They are considered more action-oriented and attack-minded. Murk Soldiers wear metal saucers to protect their heads and fight with forks.
The third sub-species of Gourmands is the Queen.
Perk Gourmands and Murk Gourmands do not normally get along with each other, due to their differing mindsets, though every Gourmand will obey and protect the queen without question.
Generally speaking, Gourmands are not an aggressive race as their main thoughts revolve on eating.
Even the mere mention of food is enough to distract Gourmands. Given the chance, a Gourmand will begin snacking on any kind of material in its vicinity.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Gourmands have strong eating abilities, with seven acid-filled stomachs, diamond-hard teeth, elastic stomachs, bellies and mouths and 4 long, adhesive tongues.
Every Gourmand stomach, (including Upchuck's) is linked to the Bladder Dimension. Therefore they can eat virtually any amount of substance. This is termed as Swarm Gastronomy. This also means that every Gourmand stomach is linked to each other, which is why Upchuck was able to feel the pain and distress of the Gourmands, even from across the galaxy.
Gourmands are able to eat anything inorganic like metal, rocks, fluids, etc.
Gourmands can swallow very large objects and digest them in seconds. This means that even a barren planet can provide sustenance for the Gourmands.
It is still debatable if Gourmands are able to consume organic matter, though they can at least engulf it. Murk Upchuck has demonstrated this by swallowing several tigers, while the Voratia tried to eat the Incursean Princess. In both cases, they were immediately spat out.
After digesting something, Gourmands can vomit glowing spheres of acid that explode upon touching anything with considerable destructive power.
It has been shown that Murk Gourmands are able to swallow energy and redirect it.
Gourmands have great stamina for their size, such as being hit by a car, skidding across a concrete road for a decent distance before crashing through a brick wall.
Gourmands can expel their breath downward in order to fly, using their belches like rocket thrusters.
Gourmands can survive in space as seen after they ate their planet, they propelled themselves through space in search of another.
- Upchuck (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of the Perk and Murk Gourmands)
- Rook Blonko (temporarily 1/2 Perk Gourmand in Outbreak)
- The name "Gourmand" is a French word meaning "glutton".
- According to Derrick, there are three sub-species of Gourmands named Gourmand Perk, Gourmand Murk, and their Queen. The Queen is not sampled in the Omnitrix.
- The name "Gourmand Perk" is an homage to Tom Perkins, who designed Upchuck in the original series, while the name "Gourmand Murk" is an homage to Glen Murakami, who was an executive producer for Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. In this regard, Perk Gourmands take Upchuck's Original Series design, while Murk Gourmands take Upchuck's Alien Force/Ultimate Alien design.
- During war, the Gourmands can eat their entire planet in a last resort which can only be enforced by their Queen.
- Known as Plan Omega, their way of thinking is that a planet cannot be conquered if there is no planet to conquer.
- According to Queen Rumbletum, Plan Omega has been executed ten times in the past, with Peptos XI being the eleventh.
- In her own words, "It's called Peptos XI, Dumpling. What do you think happened to the other ten?'"