|Home World|| Galvan Prime (destroyed)|
Galvan Mark II
|Body||Tiny Humanoid Frogs|
|Abilities|| Enhanced Intelligence|
Immense Life Span
|First Appearance||Washington B.C.|
Galvan are an amphibious, insectivore species from the planet Galvan Prime, until it was destroyed and they rebuilt it, renaming it Galvan Mark II.
The Galvan originally had no empire to speak of, instead they were being first kept as pets and then employed by other species as industrial technicians, spies, and saboteurs once their intelligence became known.
The Galvans were smart enough to keep the best secrets for themselves, eventually amassing enough knowledge to build a powerful empire of their own, based on the technology that they kept from the rest of the universe.
Being from the tiny Galvan Prime, Galvans are equally tiny, being about five inches tall on average. Their bodies consist of soft and flexible bones, allowing them to squeeze into tight spaces or quickly escape from danger.
Galvans have large, bulbous, green eyes with thin lines for pupils. Galvans from Dimension 23 have blue eyes. Unlike humans, Galvan eyelids close horizontally and from both sides of the eye.
Infant Galvans have tails and lack legs, but they shed their tails and grow legs at a time they call "Wisdom Feet".
Female Galvan grow hair, male Galvan don't.
Female Galvan grow thin tendrils on their head. Male Galvan don't until they are adults.
Powers and Abilities
With the microscopic pads that cover their bodies, Galvans can stick to almost any surface. Their slime makes them equally difficult to grab.
Not built for combat, Galvans can evade and outsmart their enemies, rather than fight them head on.
Galvans are naturally extremely intelligent, and can enter complex machines and operate them from the inside. This allows them to understand and operate virtually any machine, even if they've never seen it before. Their intelligence also allows them to understand intricate codes and languages.
When the situation requires it, Galvans are able to jury-rig or improvise weapons and emergency repairs, using whatever materials that they have on hand, (ie: loose change, belt buckles, shoelaces, etc).
Galvans have teeth sharp enough to produce a painful bite.
According to Derrick J. Wyatt, Galvans have gills and are amphibious.
Similar to frogs, Galvans have long sticky tongues (first shown in Evil's Encore), which they use to capture insects for food.
According to Max and Rook, Galvans possess a pre-brain, which handles all of the body's basic functions, much like the medulla oblongata does for the human brain. However, this pre-brain is simplistic and childish. As quoted by Max, it makes Blukic and Driba look like geniuses in comparison.
The Galvans are the creators of much of the great technology and made many discoveries in the universe, such as:
- Potis Altiare
- Prototype Omnitrix
- Galvanic Mechamorphs through Helix
- Null Guardians
- Null Void
- Polymorphs' anti-gravity projector
- Voliticus Biopsis
- Universal Translators
- Mechamorph Armor
- Rebuilt Galvan Prime (Galvan Mark II)
- Proto-Tech Armor
- Galvan Jetpack
- Life-Form Lock Microchip
- Shrink Ray
- Grey Matter (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Galvan)
- Albedo (true form)
- Galvan Teacher
- Derrick J. Wyatt
- Azmuth's Galvan assistants
Galvan/Petrosapien HybridsDiamond Matter was the result of an Prototype Omnitrix malfunction, resulting in a hybrid of Grey Matter and Diamondhead.
Diamond Matter had Petrosapien skin, with spikes on his back and head. He had Galvan eyes and mouth. He was a little taller then an average Galvan.
Powers and Abilites
Diamond Matter had the Petrosapien ability to alter the shape of his limbs.
Notable Galvan Hybrids
|Home World||Galvan Mark II|
|Abilities|| Enhanced Intelligence|
|First Appearance||The Ultimate Heist|
Evolved Galvans have huge heads, with their brain pushing outwards, they have noticeably small arms and legs, and as such require a hovercraft just to move and support their head.
Evolved Galvans have a third eye in the middle of their head. Like normal Galvans, evolved Galvan eyelids close horizontally and from both sides of the eye.
Only a male evolved Galvan has been seen, so it's unknown what female evolved Galvan look like.
Powers and Abilities
Evolved Galvan can fire a powerful energy beam from their middle eye.
Like regular Galvan, evolved Galvan have sharp teeth.
Evolved Galvan can predict multiple scenarios and plan for each one.
Notable Evolved Galvans
- The name Galvan is a play on the word "galvanization" which is a process to prevent iron from rusting.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt:
- The Galvan are the smartest beings in the Galaxy.
- The Galvan are insectivores.
- This is proven in Blukic And Driba Go To Mr. Smoothy's when Blukic and Driba's desired smoothies are grasshopper-flavored.
- Further proof was when Blukic eats one of Dr. Animo's bugs in Evil's Encore.
- The Galvan were the first species added to the Omnitrix.
- Some Galvan might be interested in studying magic, but it's probably frowned upon.
- According to Dwayne McDuffie:
- Normal Galvan have green eyes.
- Galvan can live for thousands of years.
- As shown in Evil's Encore, Galvans have long tongues similar to frogs.
- As shown in Blukic And Driba Go To Mr. Smoothy's, Galvans cry like humans when upset.
- As shown in Solitary Alignment, Galvans are not familiar with Christmas .
- The Techadon Weapon Masters don't accept the fact that the Galvan are smarter than them. So, they try everything to make the Galvan look bad.
- Galvan are very loyal to keeping their research and technology top secret.
- According to Azmuth, Galvans would rather die than give up their secrets, unless there is a good reason for it.
- Primitive Galvan worshiped technology as gods.
- Galvan's intellect is apparently highly revered as even the Highbreed Supreme said that the Galvan were "a slightly more intelligent form of pond scum".
- In Ben 10 Alien Force Storybooks, Galvan is misspelled 'Galvin'.
- It is mentioned in Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens that Stonehenge was a Galvan practical joke.
- Despite their vast intelligence, there are some subjects that many Galvan are not comfortable like with cases of parallel universes being close to one another.
- However, some Galvan find it an interesting subject to explore and learn.
- As shown in A Fistful of Brains, Galvans have a second brain to control their motor functions.
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (Latin America)|| Galvan|
(Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix and Ben 10: Omniverse since A Fistful of Brains)
|From the original English name|
(Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, Showdown: Part 1 and Evil's Encore)
|From Galván, Galvan|
|Spanish (Spain)||Galvano||From Galvano, Galvan|
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/317135633938136506
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/315298620632992824
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/360805416231257539
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/360788545188690004
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/368450004903296890
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/481640715999277486
- ↑ http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3108&sid=d3c2e1c7d9ef79bb3f2f65873c4a7c74&start=240#p139704
- ↑ http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3108&sid=d3c2e1c7d9ef79bb3f2f65873c4a7c74&start=240#p139698