The Galvan are a species of small bipedal frog-like amphibians.
Galvan are about five inches tall on average. Their bodies consist of soft and flexible bones, allowing them to squeeze into tight spaces or quickly escape from danger.
The Galvan have large, bulbous, eyes with thin lines for pupils. Unlike humans, Galvan eyelids close horizontally and from both sides of the eye. Normal Galvan have green eyes, except Albedo, who has red eyes as his colors got inverted. Galvan from Dimension 23 have blue eyes.
Infant Galvan look like tadpoles; they have tails and lack legs, but they grow legs and shed their tails at a time they call "wisdom feet".
Female Galvan grow thin tendrils on their head. Male Galvan grow similar tendrils but on their chin, when they turn into adults.
The Galvan originally had no empire to speak of, instead they were first kept as pets and then employed by other species as industrial technicians, spies, and saboteurs once their intelligence became known.
The Galvan were smart enough to keep the best secrets for themselves, eventually amassing enough knowledge to build a powerful empire of their own, based on the technology that they kept from the rest of the universe.
Most of the Galvan are known as technological geniuses.
Powers and Abilities
The Galvan are naturally extremely intelligent, and can enter complex machines and operate them from the inside. This allows them to understand and operate virtually any machine, even if they've never seen it before. Their intelligence also allows them to understand intricate codes and languages. The Galvan are the smartest beings in the galaxy.
When the situation requires it, the Galvan are able to jury-rig or improvise weapons and emergency repairs, using whatever materials that they have on hand, like loose change, belt buckles, shoelaces, etc.
With the microscopic pads that cover their bodies, the Galvan can stick to almost any surface. Their slime makes them equally difficult to grab.
Not built for combat, the Galvan can evade and outsmart their enemies, rather than fight them head on.
The Galvan have teeth sharp enough to produce a painful bite.
Similar to frogs, the Galvan have long sticky tongues, which they use to capture insects for food.
The Galvan have two brains, the main brain and a pre-brain. The main brain has the appearance of a glowing green sphere, which is able to survive completely separate from their body and speak. The pre-brain handles the basic bodily functions, much like the medulla oblongata does for the human brain. However, this pre-brain is simplistic and childish. As quoted by Max, it makes Blukic and Driba look like geniuses in comparison.
The Galvan, such as Azmuth, Blukic and Driba also have a liking for smoothies.
The Galvan are the creators of much of the great technology and made many discoveries in the universe, such as:
- Prototype Omnitrix
- Ultimatrix (modified by Albedo)
- Galvanic Mechamorphs through Helix
- Voliticus Biopsis
- Mechamorph Armor
- Galvanian Skeuomorph
By Blukic and Driba
- Null Guardians
- Null Void
- Anti-Gravity Projector
- Universal Translators
- Galvan Mark II
- Proto-Tech Armor
- Galvan Jetpack
- Shrink Ray
- Grey Matter (the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Galvan)
- Albedo (true form)
- Galvan Teacher
- Galvan Major
Notable Galvan Hybrids
Evolved Galvan have huge heads, with their brain pushing outwards. They have noticeably small arms and legs, and as such require a hovercraft just to move and support their head.
Evolved Galvan have a third eye in the middle of their head. Like normal Galvan, evolved Galvan eyelids close horizontally and from both sides of the eye.
Only a male evolved Galvan has been seen, so it's unknown what female evolved Galvan look like.
Powers and Abilities
Evolved Galvan can fire a powerful energy beam from their middle eye.
Like regular Galvan, evolved Galvan have sharp teeth.
Evolved Galvan can predict multiple scenarios and plan for each one.
Notable Evolved Galvan
Naming and Translations
|Spanish (Hispanic America)|| Galvan|
(Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix and Ben 10: Omniverse since A Fistful of Brains)
|From the original English name|
(Ben 10: Alien Force, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, Showdown: Part 1, Evil's Encore and briefly in A Fistful of Brains)
|From Galván, Galvan|
(said by Phil in Max's Monster)
|From Galvanos, Galvan|
|Spanish (Spain)||Galvano||From Galvano, Galvan|
The name Galvan is a play on the word "galvanization" which is a process used to prevent iron from rusting.
- The Galvan have extremely long life-spans, with Azmuth himself already several thousand years old.
- The Galvan were the first species added to the Omnitrix.
- However, the DNA didn't come from Azmuth or Albedo.
- Some Galvan might be interested in studying magic, but it's probably frowned upon.
- The Techadon Weapon Masters don't accept the fact that the Galvan are smarter than them. So, they try everything to make the Galvan look bad.
- The Galvan are very loyal to keeping their research and technology top secret.
- The Galvan would rather die than give up their secrets, unless there is a good reason for it.
- Primitive Galvan worshiped technology as gods.
- The Galvan intellect is apparently highly revered as even the Highbreed Supreme said that the Galvan were "a slightly more intelligent form of pond scum".
- Despite their vast intelligence, there are some subjects that many Galvan are not comfortable with, like cases of parallel universes being close to one another.
- However, some Galvan find it an interesting subject to explore and learn.
- The Galvan have been involved in Earth's history countless times.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dwayne McDuffie
- ↑ Good Copy, Bad Copy
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/317135633938136506
- ↑ Professor Paradox
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Derrick J. Wyatt
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/360805416231257539
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Evil's Encore
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/315298620632992824
- ↑ For a Few Brains More
- ↑ Max Tennyson
- ↑ Rook Blonko
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/360788545188690004
- ↑ Blukic and Driba Go to Mr. Smoothy's
- ↑ War of the Worlds: Part 1
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/368450004903296890
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/481640715999277486
- ↑ http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=139704#p139704
- ↑ http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=139698#p139698
- ↑ Azmuth
- ↑ Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
- ↑ Solitary Alignment
- ↑ Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51
- ↑ Fight at the Museum