|This article belongs to the Original Continuity.|
It is shaped like a classic knight's sword. It is normally embedded in stone as a protective measure.
In ancient times, the sword had been wielded by famous historical and legendary figures such as Sigurd and Beowulf, though its most well-known owner was King Arthur of Camelot. It has gone by many names, but it is best known as Excalibur. The sword was last used in the war against Napoleon Bonaparte of France and stored in the underwater vault of Britannia in the Thames River.
Powers and Abilities
According to legend, the sword will make anyone who wields it in battle invincible. Whether or not this is true or whatever powers it possesses have not been revealed. However, it is embedded within a stone in which only the truly worthy may remove it. It is such that not even a mutated Joseph Chadwick, or Ben, who used both Four Arms and Humungousaur, could pull it free (and attempts at breaking the stone itself proved just as ineffective). However, Kai Green was able to move it a little, which implied that she was worthy enough to wield the sword. This was proven true in The End of an Era .
Currently, Excalibur still resides in its underwater vault as Chadwick did not take it with him, when he escaped with the damaged Forever Ninja.
In the future, Excalibur has been relocated to Ben 10,000's Headquarters. It has been removed from its stone, and is used as Kai's personal weapon. The blade has been proven to be strong enough to cut through a thick, metal alloy door with ease.
Ben 10: Omniverse
- An American Benwolf in London (first appearance)
- Fight at the Museum (future)
- The End of an Era (future)
- Only one who is worthy can remove Excalibur from the stone.
- It is a misconception that Excalibur is the Sword in the Stone, as they are in actuality two very different weapons. Excalibur was given to King Arthur by the Lady of the Lake after the Sword in the Stone was broken. However, the two have become linked in the modern psyche, and so Excalibur is often depicted in a stone to the exclusion of the original sword and the Lady of the Lake.