|Ultimate Form||Ultimate Big Chill|
|Powers and abilities|
|Abilities|| Ice Breath|
|Voice Actor||Dee Bradley Baker|
|First Appearance||Kevin's Big Score|
Ben as Big Chill
Big Chill is a humanoid, moth-like alien whose four wings and antenna can fold up into a hooded robe (much akin to a poncho), giving him the appearance of a phantom.
Big Chill has a blue body with black and white spots on his arms and legs that resemble ice chunks, a light blue torso, and large green eyes. He has three pointed fingers and a thumb on each hand, and two toes on each foot and a third toe-like extension on his ankles. Big Chill wears the Omnitrix/Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
In Heroes United, he has a paler color scheme. The spots on his body are not symmetrical. He also has five fingers instead of four.
In Omniverse, Big Chill has a much more muscular build, also now having larger eyebrows and sharper ears. He has a belt on his waist where the Omnitrix symbol is located. He has bigger wings, claws, and a black beard design under his chin. 15 year old Big Chill in Omniverse looks exactly the same, but he lacks the belt and the Omnitrix symbol is on his chest.
Albedo as Negative Big Chill
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, Negative Big Chill looked just like Big Chill, but in Ultimate Alien, he has red eyes. In Omniverse, Negative Big Chill looks just like Big Chill in Omniverse, but has a paler color scheme, a red belt, and red eyes.
Powers and Abilities
Big Chill is capable of breathing a freezing vapor that reduces the temperature surrounding the vapor, encasing targets in ice. He can generate ice beams from his hands that he can manipulate. In Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks, Big Chill was capable of generating spiked balls of ice around his fists, as well as hurling ice spikes. He could also cause these spikes to sprout from the ground that surrounds him. In Cosmic Destruction, it was revealed that he can attack with an, "icy uppercut," as well as manipulate the cold around him to make a frosty tornado.
Big Chill's body contains a density-altering protoplasm that allows intangibility.
Big Chill has enhanced strength. In Save the Last Dance, when Big Chill was on a metal-eating spree, he effortlessly ripped apart a large metal statue and snapped iron girders in half. This strength also extends to his jaws, as Big Chill was capable of chewing up metal statues, poles, buildings, signs, iron girders, serving trays, and drinking molten steel.
Big Chill is completely immune to extreme subzero temperatures and extreme heats.
It was revealed in Deep that Big Chill can survive underwater.
Big Chill can also survive in the vacuum of space.
Big Chill's intangibility is useless against opponents who can also turn intangible, as their intangibility cancels out. The only known inanimate objects that have proven to physically contact intangible Big Chill are the Rust Bucket's netting, Vilgax's glove, and the Techadon Robots' defense systems.
Big Chill's intangibility is consciously used, not reflexively, which means he can't use his intangibility if he is caught off guard.
Big Chill's wings are weak against electricity.
- Big Chill first appeared in Kevin's Big Score.
- In Max Out,
- Big Chill battled some DNAliens.
- In Plumbers' Helpers,
- Big Chill saved a man from fire.
- In Alone Together,
- In Good Copy, Bad Copy,
- Big Chill chased Gwen and Kevin.
- In Save the Last Dance,
- Big Chill was taken over by his reproduction instincts and had 14 Necrofriggian babies.
- In Voided,
- Big Chill defeated D'Void.
- In Birds of a Feather,
- Big Chill made an appearance.
- In Ben 10: Alien Swarm,
- Big Chill battled the Nanochips.
- In Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2,
- Big Chill was defeated by Vilgax.
- In Inferno,
- Big Chill captured Moldywarp.
- In Fool's Gold,
- Big Chill battled primal Decka .
- In Singlehanded,
- Big Chill, with only one hand was in the Null Void.
- In Trade-Off,
- Big Chill and Gwen battled the Forever Knights.
- In Above and Beyond,
- Big Chill defeated Alan.
- In The Final Battle: Part 1,
- Big Chill battled Kraab.
- Big Chill returns to Ultimate Alien in Duped.
- Big Chill was used by one of the three Bens to battle Urian.
- In Hit 'Em Where They Live,
- In Video Games,
- Big Chill tried to defeat the Stalker but failed.
- In Escape From Aggregor,
- Big Chill battled Galapagus before going Ultimate.
- In Too Hot To Handle,
- Big Chill battled P'andor.
- In Ultimate Aggregor,
- Big Chill goes Ultimate.
- In Map of Infinity,
- Big Chill battled some Albino Necrofriggians.
- In Deep,
- Big Chill chased Ultimate Aggregor before going Ultimate.
- In Absolute Power: Part 2,
- In Viktor: The Spoils,
- Big Chill tried to keep Viktor frozen and went Ultimate.
- In It's Not Easy Being Gwen,
- In Prisoner Number 775 is Missing,
- Big Chill searched through an alien prison in Area 51.
- In Greetings from Techadon,
- Big Chill failed to get into a Techadon ship.
- In The Flame Keepers' Circle,
- Big Chill tried to save Julie.
- In The Mother of All Vreedles,
- Big Chill battled Ma Vreedle.
- In The Eggman Cometh,
- Big Chill froze the mutated reptiles.
- Big Chill returned to Omniverse in Of Predators And Prey: Part 2.
- In Malefactor,
- Big Chill battled Hypnotick.
- In Ben Again,
- Big Chill was used by 11 year old Ben to find coordinates.
- In Special Delivery,
- In Showdown: Part 1,
- In Tummy Trouble,
- Big Chill battled some Incurseans.
- In The Frogs Of War: Part 1,
- Big Chill froze Milleous.
- In The Ultimate Heist,
- In Something Zombozo This Way Comes,
- Big Chill was used to freeze the Zombie Clowns in their place.
- In Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United,
- Big Chill was used three times as the primary flight alien and fought Alpha.
Big Chill is a playable alien character.
Big Chill is a playable alien character.
Big Chill is a playable character.
Big Chill is a playable alien character. Big Chill can be used for flight. His ice breath can be used to extinguish fire and freeze an object and enemies. His Ultimate form, Ultimate Big Chill is used in a boss battle.
Big Chill is a playable racer in this game on all platforms.
Big Chill is a playable alien character in the game.
Big Chill is one of 16 year old Ben's playable aliens.
- Cricket Strike
- Ben 10: Ultimate Alien - Ultimate Alien Warrior
- Ben 10: Omniverse - Game Creator
- Ben 10: Omniverse - Omniverse Collection
- Primus Override
Ben 10: Alien Force/Ben 10: Alien Swarm
- 4" Big Chill (Alien Collection)
- 4" Big Chill (Defender)
- 6" Big Chill (DNA Alien)
- 4" Big Chill (Cloaked)
- 4" Ben 10: Alien Swarm set #2 - includes: Clocked Big Chill (transparent), Nanomech (Defender), Humungousaur (Clear green), and Big Chill (Defender)
- Bigchill Battle Launcher
- Big Chill (Deluxe)
- Alien Creation Goop and Big Chill
- Big Chill Alien Creature
- Big Chill Alien Rock
Ben 10 Omniverse
- 4" Big Chill
Naming and Translations
|Arabic||بيغ تشيل||Bigh Tshil/Big Chil, from the original English name|
|Bulgarian||Страшен Студ||From cтрашен, scary and cтуд, cold|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Calafrio / Friagem||From calafrio/friagem, chill|
|Croatian and Serbian||Ledena Avet||From ledena avet, icy ghost|
|Greek||Μεγάλο κρύο||From Μεγάλο, big and κρύο, cold|
|Italian||Gelone||Literally "chillblain" but it also sounds like "big freezing cold"|
|Turkish||Büyük Korku||From büyük, big and korku, fear|
|Hungarian||Nagy Fagy||From nagy fagy, big chill|
|Romanian||Viforul||From viforul, blizzard|
|Spanish (Hispanic America)||Frío||From frío, cold|
|Swedish||Frosten||From frosten, the frost|
|Spanish (Spain)||Gélido||From gélido, icy|
|Russian||Крылатый||From крылатый, winged|
|French||Glacial||From glacial, freezing/icy|
|Albanian||dridhura i madh||From dridhura i madh, the big chill|
|Chinese||寒冰幽灵||From 寒(Hán)，cold and 冰(Bīng)，ice and 幽灵(Yōu Líng)，ghost|
- Big Chill's design resembles Mothman.
- Big Chill's hologram in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien alternates between his robed form and unrobed form.
- When asked if Big Chill is female, Dwayne McDuffie replied "Sort of".
- Big Chill is a playable character in Cartoon Network's game TKO. His special moves are the Cold Rush and the Chill Out. His super move is the Ice Quake. His alternate color (when the players choose the same characters) is a darker blue/purple.
- In the Cartoon Network game TKO, Big Chill is missing his wings, but Ultimate Big Chill has his.
- Big Chill is the only alien in the opening of Alien Force with their alien hologram shown next to them.
- Big Chill is the first alien to appear whose mouth does not move when he speaks.
- Big Chill has many similarities from D.C. Nation's Blue Beetle.
| Alien X | Armodrillo | Articguana | Big Chill | Brainstorm | ChamAlien | Diamondhead | Echo Echo | Fasttrack | Goop | Gravattack | Humungousaur | Jetray | Lodestar | NRG | Rath | Spidermonkey | Swampfire | Wildvine
|Albedo | Articguana | Echo Echo | Gravattack | Humungousaur | Spidermonkey|