Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Powers and Abilities|
|Equipment||Charms of Bezel|
|Alias||The Father of Magic|
|Voice Actor||Tom Kenny|
|First Appearance||Third Time's a Charm|
Bezel assumes the form of a lowly school janitor, sporting simple clothes, and is almost never seen without his leaf rake. In his true form, he wears a red robe and hat, as well as the Charm of Resurrection around his neck. He has several pouches around his waist.
Despite being known as the greatest magic user of all time, he hates real magic because there are no rules, and he prefers prestidigitation because they are nothing but rules. While he is certainly capable of fulfilling requests others have of him, he much prefers to be indirect in his approaches to give an element of excitement. This makes him seem mildly eccentric in his mannerisms.
Bezel created his charms a very long time ago during his quest for magical power. The creation of the charms, along with their destruction and recreation over the ensuing years softened the veil of reality that separates our dimension from Ledgerdomain. This weakened the barrier between realities enough for other magic using humans like Hex or Charmcaster or whoever to tap into the power of Ledgerdomain, as well as eventually letting them enter the other realm.
Powers and Abilities
Despite preferring fake magic, Bezel is the most powerful sorcerer of all time.
Bezel's dislike for real magic means that he's less likely or willing to opt for direct approaches, as shown when he tried to perform a card trick instead of getting Ben, Kevin, Rook and Zed into Hex's library. He admits that he's fully capable of doing so (such as breaking Charmcaster's barrier, or causing her to disappear), but he'd prefer not to. This caused him to be willingly turned into a totem.
Ben 10: Omniverse
- Third Time's a Charm (first appearance)
- As seen in the Pop-Up Edition of Lucky Girl, Man of Action originally conceived Bezel as a dimension rather than a person. In Omniverse, however, the decision was made to make Bezel an actual character.
- Bezel stems from Matt Youngberg's dislike of the use of magic in the super hero genre. That's why Bezel thinks stage magic tricks are better, but real magic is a big cheat.
- Bezel's voice is a Charles Nelson Reilly homage.
- Derrick J. Wyatt said that he based Bezel's outfit on his idea of Rincewind from Discworld, and Bezel is the parallel of The Amazing Mumbo in the Ben 10 reality.
- Both Bezel and Mumbo are voiced by Tom Kenny, both of them can use real magic, but have an attraction to stage magic, and they share a similar body design. The main difference is that Bezel could already use real magic, but became disillusioned by it, and took a shining to stage magic, whereas Mumbo was a stage magician who obtained a real magic wand, resulting in real magic powers and a loss of sanity.