Not to be confused with Wikia Helpers
Ben 10 Planet Helpers or interns are users with experience in a certain field to help the wiki with the administrator/sysop user right when the active administrators of the wiki do not have the time or are not experienced in the field.
- You must understand a certain degree of knowledge (CSS, JS, e.t.c)
- You must be familar with how wikis work.
- You can apply at any time; it is not a requirement for you to be on this wiki actively.
- If you are to be given the BTP Helper right, you will only be a helper for a couple weeks to months, to complete the task you are given by an administrator.
- If you are misusing your rights, your Helper status will be taken from you.
- You will only use your rights when it is necessary, you will not be permitted to use your rights for personal use.
- You can be hired by an administrator or apply below, and a bureaucrat will give you a assignment to be completed.
- If you do not meet the requirements or a bureaucrat does not feel you are ready for the Helper status, your request will be declined.
- You do not have to take up the job as a helper if you are invited to be one.
To apply to become an intern, please make a heading 3 header and insert your username, and tell why you would like to become a Helper, and what you can do, then, an active bureaucrat will go through with your request and decide whether or not you will attain the Helper status. Applies go below the line below.
Hi. Im a very active user on lots of wiki's, and run some too (however, not alot of my wiki's are used). I am a very active chatmod on Ben 10 Fan Fiction wiki, and run alot of series there. I am not hated on any wiki's as far as I know, and is usually good with other users (inless a snotty Anon is getting into people's buisness). I keep my eyes alert for anything bad, and would love to start helping here. I also know that wikipedia nor other wiki's AREN'T a reliable source for Ben 10. I keep my eyes alert in the Cartoon Network site incase any facts about Ben 10 show up, and make sure they are REALLY from CN. I know stuff like that the Ultimate Goop is a rumour, and I am a unpixeler, also. I often unpixel requests, but I can also start an unpixeling service for Ben 10 request's only here, but i'll have to tell people to not put them on real pages. I keep an eye out for abusing admins, and false categories added to pages. For an example, the category 'Ben 10 Planet' was added TWICE on here. I deleted it, since it only needs to be here once. I do not post unreleased stuff on here, inless it's confirmed to be real.
- I know how to code and stuff, just not as mutch as the admins do...And I know alot of the MediaWiki pages, and I know about how to edit the navbar and stuff-coding is hard for me, but I can do that if I try.
- Denied — Sorry, but you do not have much to offer. Please apply in the future again, if you attain the ability to code or configure MediaWiki. Thank you! --Plasma (Talk)
23:09, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I am Rath285, and I would like to become a helper for mainly one reason: to edit pages that I normally would not be able to. I believe I am cabable for two reasons:
- I am a huge fan of Ben 10, and I do research on it daily. This means I usually have some advanced knowledge of upcoming information that has just been released. I am also a part of 'Dwayne McDuffie Forums (my username on it is 'username'),' which I notice this website tends to cite frequently. I would be able to add information to protected pages if necessary.
- I have a pretty good knowledge of grammar, and I actually corrected four grammatical errors on the 'Apply' section. They go as follows:
- I changed a intern to an intern.
- I changed a active to an active.
- I have changed applies go below to applications go below.
- This isn't really a grammatical error, but it said below the line below, which sounded awkward, so I changed it to under the line below.
Being a member now (well, technically I was already a member, but I lost my password, and the one sent to me didn't work), I go here frequently, so I will usually be here if needed.
I hope you seriously consider me to be a helper, and have a wonderful day.
- Denied — Sorry, but you do not have much to offer, please come back when you have more experience with CSS, JS, etc. Thank you! --Plasma (Talk)
23:09, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I am Solo28, or as most people call me, Solo.
I am an active member on a lot of wikis and, even if not an admin, help clean-up and stuff around wikis to help out. I am good with fixing grammar and spelling and whatnot. I would like to become a helper because I like to help out. I like to get involved, to help others when they need help most. I would like to become a helper to help get rid of vandals and rule-breakers.
I understand my responsibilities and I fully understand the rules of the wiki. I hope you accept me, as I would love to help out. So, until next time, peace out.
- Denied — You seem to want to become a BTP Helper to help out with vandals and do admin jobs, that is the administrators/BTSM's jobs, not a helpers, if you are interested in becoming a BTSM, see this page. Being a helper means to help out with advanced material like JS or CSS, or a field that you know specifically, if you have one, feel free to state it. Thank you. --Plasma (Talk)
22:29, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I am TheEmpoleon65, or call me Empoleon or Emp for short.
Reasons I feel would make me a good helper include:
- I am a Staff Member on this wiki, although I have never met a situation I have had to use those rights yet. I do some work on various other wikis as well, but this is my favorite one to work on.
- I am a pretty big fan of Ben 10 and always eager to watch the new episodes that come out every week.
- I have a pretty good sense of grammer and I correct misspellings whenever I notice any.
- I have not been around lately due to some issues preventing me coming on much, but I am coming on near everyday now.
- I hate it when I find things untrue/unreliable on the internet, and I have been trying to make this wiki as correct as possible.
I hope you will consider me and I hope to hear back soon!
- Denied — You seem to be doing a good job as BTSM, and that will be your main job. As for now, you do not seem to understand any advanced material, like JS or MediaWiki, which is totally fine. Thank you for being BTSM. --Plasma (Talk)
22:29, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
I would like to be a BTP Helper so that I could make emoticons for the chat and add them to the emoticon list. Recently the chat has been getting more popular so I figured they might also want more emotes. I know it isn't the best reason to be one but if I am a BTP Helper to add emotes I could make an art service to make Ben 10 related emotes for chat. ET here. Why I left BTFF? 10:04, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Approved — You have stated your purpose as a BTP helper which is a helpful field. You will start from 3/5/12 to 3/30/12. Your rights and the changes to be made will be implanted 3/5/12, the given starting date of your BTP Helper career. Thank you. --Plasma (Talk) 17:59, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
I would like to be a helper. I have alot to offer. I want to fix up the sites badges. I love taking the time to do it! I have customized every single badge on 2 wikis allready.
1. I know alot about Ben 10. I mean alot!
2. I own all the Ben 10 DVDs and put very good quality photos on the site all the time. (By the way I am open to request on photos) (I have a photo badge that only 7 users have ever earned!)
3. I am on the Internet constantly. (Even my mother calls me a 'hermit') so I can check pages to see if anyone is screwing them up.
4. I own all Ben 10 figures ever created. (I even have the figures from Europe!) I prove it by uploading a photo of them if you want.
5. I talk to Derrick J Wyatt alot on Formspring. (He is a really really really cool guy!)
6. I can stay on chat if you want, since I am on the internet all day. (Although the chat here in not very active)
My point is I can be a good helper. I do loose my temper sometimes...... but hey, dont we all?!
- Denied — You've shown immaturity on other wikis, which reflects your behavior here, such behavior cannot be trusted with the helper right. --Plasma (Talk) 02:55, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
While a simple task, I would like to be a helper so as to add even more emotes than the ones already provided. Chat has been getting a bit more active again and some people try to use a few emotes that aren't on the list (yet), and I've been keeping a bunch hostage on my computer. I hope prior behavior can be a (positive or negative) point referred to in the choice.Stripes (TCFF) 18:55, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
A list of helpers you can contact: