|This article belongs to the Original Continuity.|
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (formerly called Ben 10: Evolution and Ben 10: Ultimatrix) is the third iteration of the franchise and the sequel of Ben 10: Alien Force (formerly called Ben 10: Hero Generation). It premiered on April 23, 2010. The art and story styles in this series is similar to Alien Force. The series follows 16-year old Ben and Gwen along with 17-year old Kevin. This series is followed-up by another sequel series called Ben 10: Omniverse.
Ben's secret identity has been revealed to the world and he is now an international mega-star super hero, loved by kids all-over the world, but distrusted by many adults such as reporter Will Harangue. Armed with a mysterious, more powerful Omnitrix called the Ultimatrix, Ben will face being hunted by rogue alien threats, human mercenaries, and assassins hired by opposing adults. Ben will be in places he has never been before; such as the Forge of Creation. The main enemy of the first season is named Aggregor who is after the "Ultimate Prize."
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien lasted for 3 seasons with a total of 52 episodes. There was also one special.
The opening shows almost every alien that Ben has so far unlocked. The background also shows clips from both Alien Force and Ultimate Alien episodes along with unseen scenes. It was confirmed by Dwayne McDuffie that the intro would not be changed to add in new aliens.
- Alien X has black hands instead of white.
- Ripjaws' appearance is different from his appearance in the show.
- Wildmutt's lips are black instead of orange.
- Ultimate Big Chill does not have an Ultimatrix symbol.
- The series premiered in the United Kingdom, Australia, Asia, Middle East and Latin America on 10/10/2010 at 10:00 A.M. on Cartoon Network. This is also the day a marathon of the episodes came on with a contest for the 10/10/10 event in the U.S.
- Dwayne McDuffie said in his blog that the seventh episode of the second season would introduce the second season story arc, but once again due to Cartoon Network airing issues the story arc was split into two seasons.
- On iTunes the icons of the following volumes include the following aliens:
- The series finale finished on March 31, 2012 with the two-part episode, The Ultimate Enemy, being in memory of series developer and producer Dwayne McDuffie, who died during the production of the series.
|Ben 10 Series|
|Ben 10||Ben 10: Alien Force||Ben 10: Ultimate Alien||Ben 10: Omniverse||Ben 10 (Reboot)|