|This article belongs to the Original Continuity.|
Ball Weevil is a small bug-like alien. He is yellow in color with black eyes and green pupils. He has four stick legs and a beak along with a big antenna. He is a little taller than Grey Matter. He wears the Omnitrix symbol on a green and white brace around his neck.
Powers and Abilities
Ball Weevil can spit round, green, sticky balls of plasma, that absorb matter and explode upon impact, although it has been shown in Rules of Engagement that Ball Weevil himself controls when the explosion happens. The size of these balls depend on how much matter they absorb. Ball Weevil's plasma balls can be in more shapes than just spheres.
Ball Weevil can spew out plasma in a controllable stream to act like rope to tie up an enemy. The plasma is strong enough to momentarily hold Princess Looma. His plasma balls have shown to not only absorb matter to enlarge, but can absorb energy too as seen in The Rooters of All Evil when he absorbed both Leander's radiation and Swift's neuroshock blasts into one of his globules.
Ball Weevil has enhanced agility, being able to roll on his plasma balls and can climb on walls with ease.
Ball Weevil seems to be pretty strong for his size as shown in While You Were Away when he stopped his giant plasma ball rolling at a high speed.
Ball Weevil can be hurt by his own plasma balls if they are reflected at him. Ball Weevil can also get stuck in his own plasma balls.
Ball Weevil's goo balls can be neutralized by Terroranchula's energy webs. Ball Weevil can also be trapped in Terroranchula's webs.
16 year old Ben
- Ball Weevil made his first appearance in Of Predators and Prey: Part 1. Ball Weevil was defeated by Khyber.
- In Showdown: Part 1, Ball Weevil battled Tyrannopede until she turned into Terroranchula and trapped Ball Weevil.
- In While You Were Away, Ball Weevil escaped the brainwashed Revonnahganders.
- In Rules of Engagement, Ball Weevil battled Princess Looma and, with Julie's help, defeated her.
- In Cough It Up, Ball Weevil was used to fight Sunder.
- In The Rooters of All Evil, Ball Weevil defeated Swift and Leander.
- In Weapon XI: Part 2, Ball Weevil defeated a Way Bad.
- In The Most Dangerous Game Show, Ball Weevil battled a Slamworm.
- In A New Dawn, Ball Weevil appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
11 year old Ben
- 16 year old Ben
- Of Predators and Prey: Part 1 (first appearance)
- Showdown: Part 1
- While You Were Away
- Rules of Engagement
- Cough It Up
- The Rooters of All Evil
- Weapon XI: Part 2
- The Most Dangerous Game Show
- A New Dawn (cameo)
- 11 year old Ben
- Arrested Development (present day)
- Ben 10: Omniverse
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Болуийвъл||From the original English name|
|Chinese|| 波尾虫 (former)|
| From pronounced Bō Wěi and 虫 (Chóng), bug.|
From 闪爆 (Shǎn Bào), explosion, and 甲虫 (Jiǎ Chóng), beetle
|French||Coléoptosaure||From coléoptère, beetle, and -saure, -saur|
|German||Ball Grille||From ball, ball and grille, cricket|
|Greek||Μαμουνόμπαλας||From μαμούνι, weevil, and μπάλα, ball|
|Hungarian||Labdazsizsik||From labda, ball and zsizsik, weevil|
|Italian||Pallamalvagia||From palla, ball and malvagia, evil|
|Polish||Rochatynik||From rocha, rotation, and tynik, beetle or diminutive form, form into rohatyniec, rhinoceros beetle|
|Portuguese (Br)||Escarábola||From escaravelho, scarab and bola, ball|
|Romanian||Taunul||From taunul, weevil|
|Spanish (HA)||Escarabola||From escarabajo, beetle and bola, ball|
Ball Weevil's name is a combination of Ball and boll weevil.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt:
- According to Matt Wayne, Ball Weevil's concept name was Collectiball.
- The name was changed when it was found that there was a product with the same name.
- Ball Weevil's powers bear a resemblance to the Katamaris' from Katamari Damacy.
- It was revealed in While You Were Away, that Ball Weevil's goo balls are made out of plasma.
- ↑ http://www.cartoonnetwork.fr/node/3433/view/characters/3950
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/471913922937516173
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/323498904760898955
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/DerrickJWyatt/q/388540661726463151
- ↑ http://ask.fm/DerrickJWyatt/answer/120933548148
- ↑ http://ben10.englishboard.net/t130p390-qa-with-matt-wayne#6627