|This article belongs to the Original Continuity.|
Astrodactyl resembles a cross between a Pterodactyl and a glider. He has a beak-like mouth. His wings are rather small and resemble a glider which are connected to a 'jetpack' like structure on his back. He has a large yellow beak, green eyes, red skin, black and green clothing on his shoulders and waist, green braces around his wrists and ankles, and yellow wings. His wings are also retractable.
Astrodactyl wears the Omnitrix symbol on his left shoulder.
Powers and Abilities
Astrodactyl has the ability to fly with his 'jetpack'.
Astrodactyl has some kind of internalized star power, that he can use as propulsion for flight, and different forms of weapons. The weapons shown are energy whips, a propulsion effect from his jetpack, and an energy beam from his mouth.
Astrodactyl can survive in the vacuum of space.
Astrodactyl was shown to have a degree of enhanced strength, as he was able to rip off goo that was difficult for Ben and Rook to get off. And he also shows his strength by carrying Albedo in his Negative Brainstorm form without the aid of his rockets, as well as pull one of the Techadon Robots tied up to his energy whips.
Astrodactyl is vulnerable to electricity.
- Astrodactyl first appeared in While You Were Away. Astrodactyl battled Dr. Psychobos.
- In The Frogs of War: Part 1, Astrodactyl battled the Incurseans.
- In Mud Is Thicker Than Water, Astrodactyl battled Psyphon's gang.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Astrodactyl escaped from Khyber's hunting grounds, and briefly fought Negative Brainstorm.
- In The Vampire Strikes Back, Ben turns into Astrodactyl after Rad ejects him from the Lovely Duck.
- In And Then There Were None, Astrodactyl battled the evil Bens.
- In Collect This, Astrodactyl freed himself and Rook and went after Collectimus.
- In Clyde Five, Astrodactyl chased Clyde and battled the Techadon Robots.
- In A New Dawn, Astrodactyl appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- Ben 10: Omniverse 2: Astrodactyl is a playable alien character.
Naming and Translations
|Bulgarian||Астродактил||From the original English name|
|Chinese||极光翼龙||From 极光 (Jí Guāng), aurora, and 翼龙 (Yì Lóng), pterodactyl|
|French||Astrodactyle||From the original English name|
|German||Astrodactylus||From astro and Pterodactylus, pterodactyl|
|Italian||Astrovolante||From astro and volante (flying)|
|Portuguese (Br)||Astrodáctilo||From astrodáctilo, astrodactyl|
|Spanish (HA)||Astrodactyl||From the original English name|
Astrodactyl's name is a portmanteau of the prefix "astro-", meaning star, and "pterodactyl", the first identified Pterosaur, a flying reptile.
- When Astrodactyl talks or becomes excited, he "squawks" like a parrot.
- Astrodactyl was designed by Steven Choi.
- Astrodactyl shares the same homeplanet as Humungousaur.