|Original broadcast||January 5, 2013|
|Series||Ben 10: Omniverse|
|Overall number|| 166 (U.S. Airing Order)|
167 (Production Order)
|Written by||Len Uhley|
|Directed by||Jae Hong Kim|
|Next episode||Bros in Space|
Arrested Development is the sixteenth episode of Ben 10: Omniverse.
The episode starts with Humungousaur fighting the robots from Dimension 12, when Billy Billions interrupts the battle. As Rook and Humungousaur are about to be attacked, Billy activates a pocketwatch-like device that stops the robots in their tracks, making Humungousaur and Rook realize that Billy isn't just an ordinary fan boy. Billy reactivates the robots so that they may destroy Humungousaur and Rook.
Eventually, Humungousaur and Rook defeat the robots. As Ben and Rook interrogate Billy, he tells Ben that they went to the same middle school and also how he was in the same class as him as well. Billy keeps going on and on about how Ben wasn't better than him, just lucky. Then he recalls the events of one night; while Ben was fighting an unknown villain as Diamondhead. Billy fired off a Dimension 12 portal ray at him, but the ray reflected off Diamondhead's back and hit Billy, sending him to Dimension 12. Billy continues his story, saying that due to Dimension 12's timelessness, he stopped aging for the last 5 years, but his brain continued to grow. So he built a device that would give him control over the Dimension 12 robots. He then had them construct a device that would teleport them to Earth. Meanwhile, Ben is hardly paying any attention to him, stating that being a world famous hero, he's already heard these kind of tales. It was at that point that Billy fires his De-Ager Ray at Ben and Rook, trapping them in their childhood forms.
Billy then states that now they will know what it's like to look like a kid for the rest of their lives and sends in more robots. As Ben tries to transform, the Omnitrix locks him out (due to his altered state), requiring other means of identification. After doing so, he changes into Ball Weevil and begins to lure the robots away from the city. After a brief fight Ben and Rook report at Plumber's HQ.
At this time, Billy (due to his arrogance and impatience) overloads his pocket watch and loses control over Computron's minions. Ben, Rook, and Billy then reach the top of the Billions tower. Ben turns into Bloxx instead of Shocksquatch and destroys some of the robots. A quarrel between Billy and Rook makes Billy accidentally activate a function in the Proto-Tool which defeats all the Computron's minions and overloads the Dimension 12 portal which starts sucking things in it. Ben saves Billy from getting sucked into the portal and Rook shuts it down. Ben and Rook change back into their normal age using the De-Ager Ray.
Later, Ben is seen giving interviews and Billy getting arrested by the Plumbers for unleashing an alien invasion.
- It is revealed that the Omnitrix has an alternate identification program if something happens to its wielder.
- Bloxx and Ball Weevil's names are revealed in this episode.
- It is revealed that Dimension 12 is a timeless place, with no biological life. However, Billy Billions' dialogue suggests it did until the robots killed everything living.
- It is first revealed in this episode that Ben is afraid of peacocks.
- Billy Billions (first appearance)
- Mazuma (first appearance)
- Computron's Minions (first re-appearance)
By 16 year old Ben
- Humungousaur (off-screen transformation)
By 11 year old Ben
- Diamondhead (flashback; cameo)
- Ball Weevil (present day)
- Bloxx (present day; selected alien was Shocksquatch)
Naming and Translations
|Hungarian||Billy bosszúja||The Revenge of Billy|
|Polish||Promień Zdziecinnienia||Beam of Dotage|
|Portuguese (Br)||Desenvolvimento Interrompido||Arrested Development|
|Spanish (HA)||Desarollo Suspendido||Suspended Development|
|Spanish (Spain)||Desarrollo Congelado||Frozen Development|
- This episode is similar to the original series episode Don't Drink the Water, where Ben was transformed into his 4 year old self.
- This episode shares its name with a TV series.
- This episode contains several references to The Incredibles.
- Billy is a parody of Syndrome, being a technological genius with a long-standing hatred towards the hero. As well as his name sounding similar to Buddy, Syndrome's real name.
- The Computron Robots are very similar to the Omnidroid, having arms that end in claws, and a rotating head with a slit for an eye.
- Buddy had self-proclaimed himself to be the nemesis of the hero, while the hero barely knew about the villain.
- In both times the robot ends up betraying the evil genius.
- After Ball Weevil transforms back into Ben, the ball of goo he made stays intact.
- It is revealed that young Revonnahganders have tails which fall off at puberty.
- It is revealed that Ben is afraid of peacocks.